Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 23, 2005, 5:34 PM   #11

DBB wrote:
Quote:
Man do I hate those single wing bird books. I got facinated with ducks and writing about ducks, so I went out and bought a technical book on these guys, and every "wingspan" is given with a measurement of one wing. What do they expect from me? Mind you, they don't count the "middle" of the duck here. One wing x 2, does not a wingspan make.
Oh, come on Dave, haven't you ever heard the term "flying wing". It's obvious that the author of the book you bought thought of all birds as just flying wings and therefore only the measurement for one wing was necessary to be given...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:46 AM   #12

WOW!! Think you should call him 'Thunder Thighs', looks like he works out at the gym or kick starts Boeings. Bet he could easily crack some coconuts too:lol:

I love the 2nd pic with the detail on his neck and feathers, and with that silly cutelooking grin on his face of course. But the thighs? Scarey, would'nt want to get on the wrong side of his grin.

Thanks for the chuckle too Dave. Gives the tummy and cheek muscles a good work out

JWGB
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 10:48 AM   #13
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
WOW!! Think you should call him 'Thunder Thighs', looks like he works out at the gym or kick starts Boeings. Bet he could easily crack some coconuts too:lol:

I love the 2nd pic with the detail on his neck and feathers, and with that silly cute looking grin on his face of course. But the thighs? Scarey, would'nt want to get on the wrong side of his grin.

Thanks for the chuckle too Dave. Gives the tummy and cheek muscles a good work out

JWGB
I'm going to have to think hard about planning how too shoot this guy. My photograph does NOT do him justice. A little bit bigger and I can get him a job as Godzilla's double. And he had to be over five feet high!

Now if only I can think of a way for him to cooperate with my plans....

He just ate the $20 that I was waving. He's one of the few New Yorkers who just can't be bought.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:25 PM   #14

My guess is this guys walked everywhere for ten years before he found out he couldjust F L Y to the gym where he works out! Great pics! Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote