Old Oct 23, 2005, 8:05 AM   #11

Thanks, Bob and Bob and Dave and ladyhawk
Quote:
A real shame. I see I have many lessons still to
teach....

I'm listening Dave....

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 5:23 AM   #12

The peek-a-boo look of the hyena is very good.
zolbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:43 AM   #13

beautiful shots, Im envious of the amount of wildlife you have access to:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Im envious of the amount of wildlife you have access to:-)

Yes, we are REALLY priviledged, Julie - Although I must say that it's probably not as some would think, there are no wild animals of the "bigger" sort that freely roam in one's back garden, most of the country is basically as any other - cities, roads etc., however, there are the various conservation reserves that one can visit, which really are a treat.

Zol, I must say I also enjoy that peeking behind the leaves thing, and although the light was coming from behind him, somehow his eyes still lit up, even though I never used a flash - thanks !!
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:10 PM   #15

Nice shots, Jake, my favorite is the first, with the eye expressiveness.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 6:13 AM   #16

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Im envious of the amount of wildlife you have access to:-)

Yes, we are REALLY priviledged, Julie - Although I must say that it's probably not as some would think, there are no wild animals of the "bigger" sort that freely roam in one's back garden, most of the country is basically as any other - cities, roads etc., however, there are the various conservation reserves that one can visit, which really are a treat.

Zol, I must say I also enjoy that peeking behind the leaves thing, and although the light was coming from behind him, somehow his eyes still lit up, even though I never used a flash - thanks !!

I gathered that Jake:-)Its a bit like the Americans who think that Australia is rife with nasty animals all waiting to bite their legs off or poison them:-)We are no different to anywhere else, except America who have coyote's and bears running around the street waiting to get you:lol:
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 6:58 AM   #17

I agree, the eyes in that first one are great. And the reflection in the last one is really great. Interesting bird.

Quote:
I gathered that Jake:-)Its a bit like the Americans who think that Australia is rife with nasty animals all waiting to bite their legs off or poison them:-)We are no different to anywhere else, except America who have coyote's and bears running around the street waiting to get you:lol:
Don't laugh too hard. I have a friend who was walking not 10 miles away from Boston (not a small city by any stretch) and turned an corner to find a coyote walking down the trail towards him. It wasn't "in" the city proper, but on conservation land in the city - as you jokingly mean... but give them a few more years and nothing will surprise me.

And lets not even talk about the moose who occasionally walk south (from states north of Mass) and end up in the downtown areas of smaller cities or towns. It doesn't happen every year, but it isn't a surprise when it does happen.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote