Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:13 AM   #1
djb

Eric S. was so kind to getting me to Parker State Wiildlife Refuge. It was beautiful weather and, for me, a really great day. Got to see many nice and different birds even though they were a bit far off to capture, they were definitely lots I've never seen before. All were taken with 20D 100-400mm @400mm f/8 ISO200 and EC +2/3. I hope Eric shows a few shots that he took. Some looked exceptionally nice!!!

1. Black Capped Chickadee. Only got 3 shots of this one. Wow, do they all move so quick!!! 1/250

Attached Images

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:16 AM   #2
djb

2. Blue Headed Vireo. 1/500. This is a first for me. It's the only capture I got. Unfortunately there's blur due to camera movement.

Attached Images

Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:20 AM   #3
djb

3. These last 3 shots are of a bird that I probably will never see again. An Ash Throated Flycatcher, indigeonous to the far southwest and Mexico, somehow wanted to vacation here in sunny Massachusetts. This isone of only a few shots without shadow or a branch in the way.

Attached Images

Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:23 AM   #4
djb

4. Ash Throated Flycatcher again. Showing off his plumage.

Attached Images

Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:25 AM   #5
djb

5. The Ash Throated Flycatcher eating a berry. I think insects were at a premium that day so he opted for a berry and seeds.

Attached Images

Old Nov 15, 2005, 9:23 AM   #6
DBB

Wonderful shots, espeially the first and the flycatcher!!!

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 9:47 AM   #7

Great captures! Love that berry shot.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:01 AM   #8

That was a fun day, wasn't it? I had to edit up shots from Sunday to post for a group I went out with (I should post them here too...) but I'm going to do some from Saturday tonight.

I find it funny how we have some very similar shots. Shows that we have similar tastes in poses and angles. I have a very similar shot to that first one, but the shadow it much worse. I like you're better.

That flycatcher was a lot of fun. It would move and then sit there like it wanted to be photographed. I like the pose in the second flycatcher shot the best.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:32 AM   #9

Great catches! I must be stuck on the number 3 as once again (for the third time I think)#3 is my favorite.
gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:28 PM   #10
djb

Thanx all!! Little birdies just don't like to sit still especially when out in the open. Eric, it was a really fun day!!!! Definitely have to get up there in spring and summer. The flycatcher session was actually a bit comical to me. It was like the papparazzi in a frenzy to photograph a celebrity. I've never seen so many people so enthused over a bird before. But, I can appreciate and respect that enthisiasm as this was probably a once in a lifetime experience for most, including myself!!! Can't wait to see your posts!!!

dennis