Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:39 AM   #11

Quote:
I'm really putting a concerted effort into improving my post processing recently. I believe I a "RAW convert."
And it shows. Bob - Raw IS definitley the better way, although it takes more time, but then one takes a lot of time money and effort to take the shots, it's worth it to give the extra effort to get the best out of the shots.!!
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 4:28 PM   #12

Thanks, Jake. That's very encouraging to hear from you. Your shots are always fantastic.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:28 PM   #13

Good shots! I attempted RAW for a short while. I was learning so much other stuff at the time, I thinkit was a bit overwhelming, so I backed off for a while.I just tend to learn in bits and pieces...I usuallylearn one new process at a time. I decided I needed to finish learning the BASICS of photography first, but I feel it's something I'll probably go back to at some point (maybe after I feel I've mastered almost everything else).My biggest problemis that during my 'learning process' I end up taking way more pics than I can deal with as far as organization and RAW takes up SO MUCH MEMORY if you don't deal with them appropriately. Maybe I'll shoot in RAW again after I become organized!:lol:
gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 8:20 AM   #14

Thanks, Gracie. I've approached my development process the same way - "in bit and pieces." I shot for quite a while in jpeg with my Rebel XT and have finally come to the point in my development where Iam devoting time to learning RAW. I am finding it to be worth it. One of the things I love about photography is there is so much to learn.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 1:36 PM   #15

Groan.....these are making me cry! I cannot get these rascals to sit still for me. Very very nice! Just what I needed to see to convince me to keep trying. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 8:32 PM   #16

Hi Ken, I don't have a lotof these guys for the same reason.