Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:32 PM   #1

Happy holidays, all. I've been battling a virus for the entire holidays and for the last few weeks, actually, of December. Wishing you all a great new year and here are a few shots from this month, the first being my holiday greeting to you:

It's been warm here lately, but I have not been able to enjoy it . This was shot when it was bitter cold here, when the available birds fluff up to keep warm

A different sort of bird

A cool Downy Male

An abandoned farmhouse near my home

Grabbing a quick snack without getting caught

Dive bombing WB Nuthatch

Hope y'all have a great new year, and thanks for checking out the photos.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:39 PM   #2

Normcar,

Very glad to see you are back. I don't post often on this sight, but I always take the time to admire the quality of the photos you display.

Welcome back!

Thomas.
ThomasATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:19 AM   #3

Norm, happy holiday to you as well. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the post. Always a joy to view.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:02 AM   #4

Norm, welcome back and sorry to hear about the virus [I'm presuming that the virus attacked you and not your computer :G]

The first is just plain awesome, a shot which fits the season [in your parts of the world anyway, here we're sitting with temps in the upper 30's [celsius]. I know you like the reds with the snow, and it certainly shows here, really magnificent !!

AND, well done on the landscape !! It's a first class shot, you need to put that in the landscape dept.

Greetings from SA
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 6:45 AM   #5

Outstanding as usual Normcar. Really great having you back. Hope you return to 100% soon. Your photos are always 100%. Happy New Year! Woody
woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:15 AM   #6
DBB

So apparently you can recover from Avian Flue - Wonderful shots, although that flightless bird looks like it's having a bad hair day...

I expect too see quite a few of those New Years Eve, along with the once a year appearance of the pink Elephant.

Happy New Year to you Norm!!!!!
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:28 AM   #7

lovely shots Norm, my camerahas beenout of action, just got it back (auto-focus mirror mount was broken) I have to get back out and get some more wildlife shots. I have just got a 100-400 lens off Ebay, a really cheap one so Im interested in what I will be able to do with it. I still have my 100-300 but wanted more reach for some of the the bird life around here thats hard to get shots of due to the terrain. The worst that can happen is that the lens will be really bad and I will resell it on Ebay. Still waiting on a lottery win for those really good lenses.:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 2:19 PM   #8
NHL

Your flight shots are amazing - Good luck with the recovery!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 7:00 PM   #9

ThomasATC wrote:
Quote:
Normcar,

Very glad to see you are back. I don't post often on this sight, but I always take the time to admire the quality of the photos you display.

Welcome back!

Thomas.

Thanks Thomas, some may not be happy about this but I'll never leave Steve's Digicams Wildlife Forum, it's been a huge blessing and teaching forum for me. I have learned a pile of great stuff from many posters here, but won't even begin to attempt to list them in fear of missing even one. Some of the most amazing lately, though, have been Houston, Mullen, Dave, Killdeer, Woody, Woodmeister, Julie (not a new one in any way), Jake of course, and a ton of others that I cannot recall at the moment because there are so many. Each and every shooter contributes magic to this forum, and you ain't gonna get rid of me easily. I've not been posting here lately as much because I simply don't have as much stuff in winter, a frustration of Northern bird photographers. We need to search with a fine comb or hibernate. I've decided not to hibernate quite yet :-)Of course you are included in that long list, Thomas.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:14 PM   #10

Norm, stay out of the cold and keep warm and don't even think about hybernating. You can do more with a little chicadee than most of us can with an egret in a perfect pose. :lol: So sorry to hear about the virus but sure glad to know you're getting over it. Your shots here are, as normal,super and no less and it seems that I learn something from every one of them just by studying them.

Happy holidays to you Norm

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote