Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 13, 2006, 7:15 PM   #1

Still working on composing these little guys properly. Wasn't as easy as I thought.

Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:16 PM   #2
DBB

There's nothing wrong with the framing. It's not level and that throws the eye - but that's a problem with the angle - not much you can do.

The first version had the potential of being a better shot. The house was clean, the grain of the wood was Powerful. The bird on the edge was complimentary.

On this one the grain of the wood is not as dramatic - for obvious reasons. What are you gonna do? :O

So if you could reshoot the original, with more of the house to play with - :lol:

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:53 PM   #3
Super Moderator

the bird being on the edge and the angle of the shot of the first one was definately more appealing.. this one is looking away from the house, but not looking awaycompletely inprofile, its kind of an awkward sort of towards you looking away.. and he is not on the edge, so it kind of ruins the effect a bit too.. and as has been mentioned, this is not the most flattering view of the feeder..

you are also pretty high on the exposure here from the harsh lighting.. the feeder has an obvious bright spot and the bird itself lost some saturation and detail because its a bit, a bit,overexposed too..

ok, so i know i am being quite critical here, but know that its only because i see that you are eager to learn and are making GREAT progress since i saw your first post!!

keep shooting, don't be afraid to work a scene for many shots.. that only increases your chances of "winners".. with subjects such as this if you get 5-10% keepers, thats not too bad!!

best wishes my friend,
-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:32 AM   #4

Yes I know you are being "quite critical here" Dustin but that what I want. One can't get any better if they are being fed Sugar all the time.

Thanks all. I'll keep trying.
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote