Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:29 PM   #11

Thanks everyone. I have come to the conclusion that it is about slight camera shake and bad lighting. If you look at the picture below, I took this while photographing the birds and the birds were in the dark vegetation to the right of the photo. The problem is that they seem to like foraging around in the dark bush. I would usually shoot by shutter speed rather than F stop but was forced to because of lighting. I think I need to get the lighting right more than anything else.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 8:57 AM   #12
DBB

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I have come to the conclusion that it is about slight camera shake and bad lighting. If you look at the picture below, I took this while photographing the birds and the birds were in the dark vegetation to the right of the photo. The problem is that they seem to like foraging around in the dark bush. I would usually shoot by shutter speed rather than F stop but was forced to because of lighting. I think I need to get the lighting right more than anything else.
You might want to bring your camera in and check the calibration of the meter.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:27 AM   #13

what do you mean???
Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:38 AM   #14

This was shot within minutes of the other one when a little light broke through, so camera seems fine

Old Feb 4, 2006, 12:44 PM   #15

:idea:I touched up your photo a little bit in Adobe using color correction. It made a slight difference.
Attached Images

Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 3:27 PM   #16

I believe a major part of your pic's problem is improperly focused points of irridescent light (if that is how you spell it).

When you see something 'irridescent' ( a bird's feathers) you are actually seeing many single points of light which give the effect of that type of color.

When your focus is no correct you smudge the actual reflections from the feathers and ruin the effect.

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote