Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 13, 2006, 8:02 PM   #21

Thank you again everyone for the positive feedback on my Eagle photos. If I could chase these majestic birds all around the United States for everyone to enjoy, I would. I counted 53 Eagles just in one small area of the park where I am photographing! It's an amazing sight.

Buzzsaw - you asked if the Eagles will be in Colville Park year round. . . yes, there will be some there but not nearly as many as there are now. I believe my Husband and I counted eight there one day last summer. As the ice breaks up more along the entire river, they will disperse out more and not be so concentrated in Red Wing. Today (Monday) there weren't nearly as many as the past five days. I'm not sure why. However, they are still doing their aerial displays and fishing:-)
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 8:05 AM   #22

Were you down there Sunday morning? I was the guy in the parking lot with the dark green Acura MDX from 8:30 til noonish. I wish you could walk down along the RR tracks to get some closer shots as opposed to having them come to you... but I suppose if you went towards them it would push them farther away. I still can't believe how many Eagles I saw. :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:42 AM   #23

Buzzsaw - I got to Colville Park Sunday right around the time you left!One suggestion - go to the end of that first parking lot on the left (instead of parking where everyone else is to watch the Eagles in the Excel Engery power plant alcove), get out of your car and walk on the blacktopped sidewalk along the river. You will see what locals call "the veteran Eagle"! He, and now his mate, are perched in a tree right at the sidewalk about 50% of the time! You don't even have to walk very far and you can see the bird from your car even. By doing this, you have an excellent chance of getting some in-flight photos. The photos on my website under the "New Photos" tab, are this veteran Eagle!
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:59 AM   #24

Linda,

These are fantastic shots. I really love the crop on #4. It gives it a much more dramatic presence.

Tom W
Tom W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:18 PM   #25

Wow, Great shots.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:40 PM   #26

Thanks Linda, your very kind for offering up that helpful information! I'm planning on coming down again in a few weeks with a new member of this forum, my friend Tom Wilson... that man has taught me alot in a short time!!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:50 PM   #27

By the way I checked out your website and it's very nice! I see you've met "Shakespeare" the Barred Owl of Minnehaha park.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:27 AM   #28

Technically and visually stunning photos. Congradulations on an excellant capture!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 2:57 PM   #29
VP

Great opportunities and great shots!

It appears that the Mississippi Flyway isa greatplace to be during birdmigrations, especially on frozen sections of the river for Bald Eagles.

Now I have to decide on that area or thesalmon run in Alaska that draws thousands of them.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote