Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:14 AM   #11

Good morning Zolbol and theKman.

Although Addo isn't bad, if you've experienced Kruger, it struggles to even come close. But it has the big 5, although I haven't seen Rhino yet (they only have black Rhino).

Unfortunately, like all the other private game reserves in the area, Shimwari does not let you drive yourself, you have to go on the game drives, which can be very restrictive.

I look forward to seeing you Zolbol
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:21 AM   #12

Hi John,

I guess we were typing posts to this thread at the same time... (see my previous post just above yours)

Scarey!! By the way I like the first and last photos of this series the best.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:31 AM   #13

Thanks for the comment Paul, glad my photos gave you a cool dream. Maybe it can be a long term dream that will culminate in you making a trip to Africa some wildlife photography...
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 4:31 AM   #14

Great job, John.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:34 AM   #15

JohnReid wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the comment Paul, glad my photos gave you a cool dream. Maybe it can be a long term dream that will culminate in you making a trip to Africa some wildlife photography...
Yes interesting thought and proposition, John, I've had a desire for MANY years to get to South Africa. I literally have scores of South African friends too (many in London and some in Australia, some amongst my best friends!) so I'd love to see their "homeland").

I love rooibos tea also. Best tea there is (I don't touch caffiene!)

Wildlife is way cool, and nice climate too.

Only problem is that any time I have the money (and time) to travel far (intercontinental) from Europe where I currently live (for the last 9 or so years I've been here) I've needed to go back to visit my relatives and friends in Australia where I was born. Being a charity worker in Romania means little disposable income and time for a south African vacation on the horizon.. (no elephant sizedwallethere!)

BUT it's likely I might be moving back to Australia early next year (with a Romanian lass as my wife!) and maybe then one day we'll get to South Africa. You're tempting me with those photos.. Keep it up!

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote