Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 16, 2006, 8:55 AM   #1

Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:25 AM   #2
KEM

Wow!!, these aregreat!! Love that Yellow throat shot! Wish it were mine. You might want to see if you can PP out that blade of grass leading into its eye. The other blade I'd leave alone as its part of the birdsenviroment which makes this shot so cool.

How far away and what settings did you use?

-Kent

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:46 AM   #3

Thanks KEM! The yellow warbler shot was rather close, maybe 10 yards?? I use Photoshop Elements 4 and have not messed with pics to the extent of taking out items like blades of grass, any tips would help. :-) I'll say this much, I've been trying to get more Warbler shots and it is tough!! They stay in the shadows of the wooded trees and tease me with their song. The cardinal shot and Oriole in the nest were both on cloudy days unfortunately.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 2:05 PM   #4

I love the "baby" shot [reminds me of my kids when they were young], as well as the pair fighting it out - nice variety of stuff, Buzzsaw

Ths cardinal could do with a spot of USM, however, a nice pose !

BTW, is that Chris Farleyas your avatar ?
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 8:07 PM   #5
KEM

Buzzsaw,I used the clone tool in PS Element 4 to remove the grass blade in the eye area. I also took the liberty of using a little unsharp mask and noise reduction to tidy up the image. Hope you don't mind? The clone tool is fairly easy to use. Anchor the tool next to the object you want to remove and drag it across like an eraser but instead of erasing it will replace it with the area next to it. Check out the help section in your Elements program.
-Kent
Attached Images

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 5:31 PM   #6

Jake, yes thats Chris farley... I wish he was still around to make us all laugh. The Cardinal shot was in low light hand held so I'm not sure much more USM will help.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Kem, great job on the photoshop, I have my elements book open now and will work on learning what you did, thankks for the tips and as always constructive anything is good in my book guys. :-)