Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 30, 2006, 5:37 AM   #1

I missed a shot today. I went outside to turn on the hose, looked down and saw a 3 foot or garter snake trying to eat a full size frog. There was no way he was gonna fit that frog in his mouth but he was sure trying, he had his mouth over the frog's legs. The picture would have been great, they were on some clover with excellent lighting. By the time I ran in and got the camera the snake had moved on. Got me thinking that some of you guys must have some stories of the one that got away as well.
funktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:05 AM   #2
DBB

funktree wrote:
Quote:
I missed a shot today. I went outside to turn on the hose, looked down and saw a 3 foot or garter snake trying to eat a full size frog. There was no way he was gonna fit that frog in his mouth but he was sure trying, he had his mouth over the frog's legs. The picture would have been great, they were on some clover with excellent lighting. By the time I ran in and got the camera the snake had moved on. Got me thinking that some of you guys must have some stories of the one that got away as well.
We try to forget them as quickly as possible. Suicide is the largest cause of death amonst nature photographers, and they 100 percent consist of those who cannot forget these missed shots...

It's a terrible thing and there should be some help available, indeed, there was that time that I, well, never mind...

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote