Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Mobile Devices (Tablets, Smart Phones) > Windows (Phone, RT)

Old May 20, 2014, 11:39 AM   #1

Default Windows Phone 8.0

I am surrounded with Iphones, but carry a windows phone. Why, I like it better, it has a better camera which is very important for me. and it has more and better photographic apps.
Any hoot, most of the critics (fanboys of apple, or android) have never seriously played with the latest windows phone, and their remarks are from data that is usually about two years old.
I carry and use the Lumia 1020 only because of the camera and the quality. I like to take a lot of pics and edit them either in Paintshop Pro x6, of Photoshop cs5. I like the ability to convert its large RAW files using either DxO, Adobe, or Corels products. And I do so with my 'keepers'. I am old and still having photographic fun with this thing. And, yeah, you can call people on it too.
Remember the axiom: "The best camera you can have is the one with you"

When Windows 8.1 get loaded in all the Windows 8 devices by the end of the summer, a lot of wish lists items will be met. Yes, I guess I am somewhat of a fanboy. But this is a photographic site, and this topic is about Windows!
Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:41 PM   #2

I bought a Nokia Windows phone about two months ago, and so far I have been very satisfied. While I don't use it very often for photos, I really like the phone for it's windows operating system and how easy it syncs with my laptop and my calendar and Hotmail account.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:16 PM   #3

My wife and I both upgraded to Windows 8.1 phones and they are great. I don't use it much for photography, but the system itself is impressive.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:09 AM   #4

This week I got a good deal on a new Microsoft Lumia 640 XL windows phone with a 13MP camera with Zeiss lens. It also shoots High Definition video, so I will be trying that out also. So far the phone features are excellent. Just popped in my old sim card & data card from my old Windows phone, and everything works great; with all my data and everything else instantly synced to my computer. I didn't have to change a thing.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:17 AM   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
This week I got a good deal on a new Microsoft Lumia 640 XL windows phone with a 13MP camera with Zeiss lens. It also shoots High Definition video, so I will be trying that out also. So far the phone features are excellent. Just popped in my old sim card & data card from my old Windows phone, and everything works great; with all my data and everything else instantly synced to my computer. I didn't have to change a thing.
Nice!

Good to hear. How do the photos from it look?
billy is offline   Reply With Quote