Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:07 PM   #11

jachol,

This is one fine looking blurred background......and with Speed. You did a Great job.

Can this be done using PAint Shop Pro version 7 or8 I don't have PhotoShop.

Thank you for sharing.

divertwo

divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 5:37 AM   #12

Hi,
Glad you like the effect, thanks. ... with hindsight I think I should have been a little more subtle.
Re. can it be done in PSP 7, I don't know. I haven't played with psp since version 5 and that was some years back + at that time I was an absolute newby to picture editing. I did a quick google for "PSP 7 + Radial Blur" one of the first links suggests it isn't possible, I'm having trouble getting links to stick in my posts, don't know why. Try the google for yourself , I hope you find an answer. ... Jack

OK was using Firefox, that wasn't letting me post links ... this is the one that suggests it's not possible in PSP7 ... http://tinyurl.com/ygeuap
Quote:

This is one fine looking blurred background......and with Speed. You did a Great job.

Can this be done using PAint Shop Pro version 7 or8 I don't have PhotoShop.

Thank you for sharing.

divertwo

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 9:22 AM   #13

Hey Jack,

Thank you so much for all your help. I found "Radial Blur" in Paint Shop Pro version 9.

All the "Blur" work by everyone else was really good, but I liked your version because it had a "windy" look to it. I might be able to learn how to do that.....in a hundred years or so.

Thanks again for your time,

divertwo
divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:25 AM   #14

divertwo,

Glad you found a solution, thought it might be in later versions of PSP. As regards learning PSP or any other program, I think you have to bite the bullet and use a particular one exclusively, I did this with PS must be 3 or more years ago and I'm still learning things ... I'm no expert, but at least I can get by with most photographic tasks. It's a steep learning curve, I wish you luck.

divertwo wrote:
Quote:
Hey Jack,

Thank you so much for all your help. I found "Radial Blur" in Paint Shop Pro version 9.

All the "Blur" work by everyone else was really good, but I liked your version because it had a "windy" look to it. I might be able to learn how to do that.....in a hundred years or so.

Thanks again for your time,

divertwo
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 4:10 AM   #15

i did a gradient selection and used lens blurring function. im too lazy to correct the haze arnd the main subject

ken

Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote