Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:19 PM   #1

This is my neighbor and dear friend. *She was so excited yesterday, as it was her first ride on her beloved horse since she had surgery last year to remove a malignant brain tumor.* *I think her expressions says it all - even with what she has been told is most likely terminal cancer, she is happier, and more alive, than many "healthy" persons.**I would like to save this picture for her children.* Unfortunately, there is a nasty glare obsuring her eyes.* Can anyone help me remove it ... or better yet, tell me (simply) how so that I can to do it myself?* And if you have time to show me a quick example, it would be greatly appreciated.* (P.S.* I am a complete digital photograpy/photoshop novice).**Thank you all so much!
Attached Images

RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:47 PM   #2

I just used the clone stamp tool. I set the opacity to about 50% to start and changed the cloning blend mode to "Darken." These options become available near the top of the screen when you select the clone stamp. The darken setting means that only pixels lighter than the sample pixels will be affected. In this case, that means the light reflections on the glasses. The sample point has to be chosen so that the tonalities come near to matching the tonalities you want in the area you clone over. Patience and practise will get you where you want. You can vary the brush opacity and blend mode (darken, lighten, normal) and play around until you get something you like. I recommend doing this on a layer copy so that if you get it too screwed up you can just delete the layer, duplicate the background layer again and start over.

Grant
Attached Images

granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 9:47 AM   #3

Thank you, Grant!!* Amazing.* It looks so much better after your touch-up.* I* had tried the clone tool before I posted, but had no luck (or skill) to make it look right.**I did not know about the Darken blending mode until your post and will definitely give it a try today.* I really appreciate that you took the time to assist me.* Ria
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:09 AM   #4

OK - here is my retry after trying to use the clone stamp tool blending mode.* Still doesn't look quite right, but thanks to Grant I am hopefully going in the right direction!**
Attached Images