Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Dec 9, 2006, 9:45 PM   #1
Dx

i have just purchased a sony cybershot h2 and decided to do a photoshoot, i thought i had checked my settings and i missed the "one push" setting and they all came out blue.

is there any way i can restore the pics back to normal or will i have to re-shoot the whole lot?

example of pic

Attached Images

Dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2006, 4:20 PM   #2

Unless you took this photo in RAW mode (unlikely), then there isn't a lot you could do with it. The problem is trying to emphasize the accurate color information over the inaccurate. The farther away from the correct white balance you get, the less of that information remains. Also, when a picture is overexposed, that will also minimize or eliminate how much of that information is there, and thus the skin tones on this image are completely lost.

I got this far by using a curves adjustment layer and sampling her shirt as a gray point. I then set the opacity of the adjustment layer to 60%.

If you have any photos that aren't so blown out, I could take another stab at it.
Attached Images

Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:48 AM   #3

Not an easy one ... I got best results by setting black in curves on the subjects hair, then increasing both yellow and red in Colour balance for highlights, and midtones. not perfect but nearer the mark I think. ... Jack.
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:23 AM   #4

Not too bad to get the initial color correction but from there you have an over exposed subject matter, to reduce this I used some levels adjustment and added a new layer set to multiply (lowered opacity) and painted some of the sampled skin colors (after correction)

Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:12 PM   #5

here is my stab at it in PSE4, gave me a chance to muck around with some things I had not mucked around with before.
Attached Images

fofa is offline   Reply With Quote