Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old May 12, 2007, 10:37 PM   #21

That does look better, except the green in the hull looks really pixelated for some reason. You might want to try a sligh blur or smooth on that.
fofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 7:48 AM   #22

Yes the green part of the hull looks odd, maybe in a darker vers

it wont be so noticable .......:-)...........musket

Attached Images

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 9:20 AM   #23

Gonna giveone of those pictures a shot.

novice_photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 8:27 PM   #24

Hi Amitr0

I thought I might make some suggestions and i hope they help but what do I know, most of the pictures suffer from the same problem.

When I take a shot I primarily think of 3 parts to a shot, 1 foreground, 2 middle ground, 3 background and work out from that. Then where is the sun and is it in the best position for this shot and am I standing in the best place for this shot.

The Bridge, a composition made of 2 parts
  1. The foreground a bridge, this for me lacks a real focus point, a silhouette, not much can be done with this so the framing is very important and it looks squeezed in the shot and the cropping looks awkward. The cut cable lines leave one a bit cold. The second tower seen through the arch is cut and could have been used better as middle ground focal point. I would try this shot from the water below to get more into the picture or further back along the bridge to get more in, also with different direction of light to see what effect shadows would have. Or at night time with a full moon to silhouette the tower and the street lights on[/*]
  2. The background the sky, although pleasant, and as there are only two parts to this photo its role in the composition is more important than normal not dramatic and does not hold interest, it is basically two tones and it has no wow that you are seeking.[/*]
  3. I think the composition is shot wrong but the subject could be good.
[/*]

The ship is much the same as the bridge

The wine glass need play on the glass, reflection of some kind.

The blinds for me is your best shot and i like it. Trythis with a bit more blind and shadow shown in the shot, if this was at home try this again to show a few more blinds and perhaps put the wine and glass in the shot.

The building, no contrast or shadows, the sun is in the wrong position. To much tree over head blocking the sky and no clouds to help the composition. Almost a onedimension shot. (Similar to 1 and 2 shots)

The trees and path, a nice set of trees and worth a shot but try it at sunrise with mist or at sun set with shadows and the trees in half light and half dark. The sun is too high.

The bench, good subject matter, same as the bridge. (foreground, middle ground, background) the eye follows the benches to no where. Sun in the wrong position for this shot, no natural contrast.

The beech, no focal point, could be any kid on any beech nothing of interest. To improve this we need to see the faces or some gulls or something extra to generate interest.

The coast, too much trees, similar to the bridge, needs better framing,no natural contrast.

Weeping trees, not enough contrast in the shot and sun in the wrong position. The subject matter is very good and framing good, no natural contrast.

Cliffs, this is a descent composition but the focus seems off, it quickly loses focus and by the time you get to the middle and back ground its all hazy and no focus. Birds would improve this shot and some clouds. Even at sunset perhaps or when a storm is blowing.

The rocks, the sun in the wrong position for this shot but good subject matter no natural contrast.

See my attached shot, even though its not a bad landscape i felt it needed something to add interest so i stuck a plane in to boost the wow factor but it could have been some birds or a kite etc.

If you do the shots again lets see them please especially the blinds photo.

I hope this is of help, let me know, regards Colin
Attached Images

bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:04 PM   #25

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:56 AM   #26

http://flickr.com/photos/amitr0/1346879886/
amitr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:58 AM   #27

and this..

http://flickr.com/photos/amitr0/1305977150/
Old Sep 12, 2007, 7:41 AM   #28

hi all,

i took three pictures today, playing around with DOF in photoshop. I want the picture to have a feeling 'u there'....so which one do u think should be the better one, i thnk i dont need any features on the human face, and so it can be blurred completely, but many people say the face should have some features, so b1 is better of b1,b2,b3

each image is a seperate post as i cant attach more than one per reply.

Attached Images

Old Sep 12, 2007, 7:44 AM   #29

this is b2

Attached Images

Old Sep 12, 2007, 7:45 AM   #30

and b3

Attached Images