Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:19 PM   #11

Good work Jachol a very good edit indeed.

I was not going to add anything to this (one I have been away for so long) but as the original request was not addressed I decided to do a few things.

Smile changed but only slightly too much would cause issue, the best way is to have other close reference images of the same model. Then the eyes, the left eye (right of image) is fine but looks a bit odd I guess because of the angle, mess with it and it will look very wrong, so I changed her focus and gaze. Not perfect I realize but food for thought.

Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:57 PM   #12

I you look at my post creeduk you'll noticed I addreessed the original request. In fact I was worried I might have gone too far.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:00 PM   #13

tjsnapsYour right I am sorry it was subtle to the eye but when I laid it over the original I see what you did, nice work on the actual request.
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:54 PM   #14

Not being able to leave well enough alone, I made a very small adjusment to the corner of the lips, used the lens distortion adjustment to deemphasize center of face, then the perspective tool to shorten right side of photo, and cropped. Had to narrow the result slightly, the processed with Virtual Photographer plugin for a glamour look.

More than is really necessary, but it is the type of thing some of the fashion mags like to print.

brian

Edit: responding to Jachol's comments, I made a couple changes to the eyes. Darkened the center of the pupils, and increased saturation of the irises. No color change.

brian
Attached Images

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 6:07 AM   #15

Hi All

creeduk ...thanks, and I agree I didn't address moonk requests, to be honest I didn't see the need ... what you see is true to life, and quite natural IMO, personally I don't subscribe to absolute perfection. And as you said yourself it's very easy to make a pigs ear of things, so leave well alone is my thought. I like your approach, it is credible, and indeed food for thought. I might have another go along your lines, but whether I'll post any result is in the lap of the gods. A very interesting thread all round, I'll follow further results with interest. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:15 PM   #16

ok joining in a tad late here but here is my effort
Attached Images

borrie869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 3:13 AM   #17

Hi all

The more Isee ofthis picture the more I notice an effect I can't account for, it shows in everyones try to some degree ... half of the eyes looks opaque, and I think that is what contributes to what some are saying is an odd look in the eyes. The work I did on the eyes hides it a little, but it's still there enough to show. I can only think it's some sort of reflection, Thoughts anyone ?.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:01 PM   #18

I see what you are talking about. The original pic is dark, as are the model's eyes, so very little detail is available. There is a reflection from the wall she is leaning against, which shows as a lighter section on a diagonal. Good eye for detail.

Rather than post another edit, I'll go back and edit my previous post with changes. See if you think it is an improvement.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:41 PM   #19

I took the reflections out of the eyes. They are so dark it is hard to get a pupil to show.
Attached Images

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:15 AM   #20

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
Not being able to leave well enough alone, I made a very small adjusment to the corner of the lips, used the lens distortion adjustment to deemphasize center of face, then the perspective tool to shorten right side of photo, and cropped. Had to narrow the result slightly, the processed with Virtual Photographer plugin for a glamour look.

More than is really necessary, but it is the type of thing some of the fashion mags like to print.

brian

Edit: responding to Jachol's comments, I made a couple changes to the eyes. Darkened the center of the pupils, and increased saturation of the irises. No color change.

brian
That works fine Brian, I haven't done anything further myself ... My wife has broken her arm, so I have domestic chores to address, which is taking up a lot of my time, it has to be done though. ... Jack.