Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:56 PM   #1

Hey guys need help. Got this picture that i am going to be printing@ 11x16? and i dont like how the chins look, atlittle fat because of the angle that it was taken at. I tried the liquify but i dont make it seem to work good for me but i'm not good at it anyhow. Any other idea's you guys think i can do to make it look better? Thanks

GigaS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:01 PM   #2

just a quick point mate

id leave it alone except for removing white light and object above ladies shoulder, and adjust colour to make skin tones more real

its a good shot really, ignore the chins and love it for what it is

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 8:00 AM   #3

IC what you mean. Appreciate the comment. Thanks
GigaS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:32 PM   #4

Yyou can try perspective adjustment if you think the whole issue is shooting from a low possition. somehthing like this as an example.

Attached Images

BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:11 PM   #5

I think the shot is great and agree it with the comments, I will however do a slight adjustment and the best thing to do on the chin adjustment is to use a combination of liquify (on copied original) and a duplicate layers of the chin. the duplicates you can reshape with transform tools such as warp, distort, skew etc. and to blend back in you need to push the copied original to get the lines to blend.

Don't go too far, complete removal will look false t that angle there would be some skin overlap so basically lengthen the neck a little to reduce the impact.

Then I reduced the oversaturation in the faces and especially the teeth restoring some detail and addressed some of the color hint on the white areas of the eyes and again the teeth. Finally removed the distracting background lights.
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 2:50 PM   #6

There are various ways you can deal with the chins, but the "big nose" effect of shooting with a short lens will be harder to fix.

It isn't just people who can suffer from this effect.

Attached Images

BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 6:18 AM   #7

GigaS27 wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys need help. Got this picture that i am going to be printing@ 11x16? and i dont like how the chins look, atlittle fat because of the angle that it was taken at. I tried the liquify but i dont make it seem to work good for me but i'm not good at it anyhow. Any other idea's you guys think i can do to make it look better? Thanks

This what I can do to your image. hope you like it. God Bless to your family... You lucky to have it man
Attached Images

scorpionfish is offline   Reply With Quote