Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:52 PM   #1

Post Edited... help no longer needed... no sense trying to fix something that may not be worth fixing...

I know, I should have shot in RAW, and I should have checked my camera settings... (we've all been there, no?)

I found a image that was better exposed and composed - passed it through the ninja and adjusted a bit in PS...

This is a tough lesson that was learned - no amount of PP can equal a well composed and well exposed shot. CFs are relatively affordable on sale - totally worth shooting raw if you can.

~aloha~

Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:39 AM   #2

Didn't get to see the picture, so can't advise on specifics, but I have had some success with recovering/restoring detail to jpegs. Photoimpact's touchup tool has parameters allowing one to choose amount of texture and color to apply. I works quite well on shiny areas of faces such as foreheads and cheeks when overexposure and direct flash have washed out all detail.

Other methods include using (digital) filters, particularly orange, for skin highlights.

I do agree that getting exposure correct in the first place, and shooting RAW to allow highlight recovery is a lot less work.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote