Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old May 26, 2009, 2:52 AM   #1

Default any ideas for a different background??

Hey everyone.. this is the unedited version of this pic. I'm wanting to chop the two people on the right out of the photo which im having difficulty with because the two girls arms cross paths in the photo.... so i just want to keep the guy and girl on the left and alter the background to something a bit funky... not really sure what. But as i mentioned in my previous thread.. i am new at photoshop and would appreciate some help Please feel free to edit away and put your own creative touch to it. (afterall this is the extreme makeover section :P )
Attached Images

aLLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2009, 6:51 AM   #2

Hi,
Not an easy job to clone out the arm, so the answer maybe to hide it, changing the background should be easier, although the selection of the couple isn't easy, I've done a quick job, and you'll see some imperfections in the selection, I'm just trying to put across ideas to try. ... Jack
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 9:34 AM   #3

Thank you once again for being so kind to spend some time on my photos. I really had trouble with cutting the people out.. But I seem to be getting better each day as I muck around with photoshop. I really like your idea for the background and the bordering idea too to cut that girls arm out. So glad I've found a forum like this which caters for all types of skill levels. I'd be pretty lost without it. Anyways hopefully in the coming weeks I may be able to post some quality photos * fingers crossed* hehe
Old May 31, 2009, 2:37 PM   #4

Did this hastily - cutting & pasting & blurring - with Photoshop Elements version 2 -
Attached Images

Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 6:31 AM   #5

Awesome. Thank you. It's great to see a few different ideas of what to do. I'm learning the ropes of photoshop very slowly...so its good to come on here and get some ideas and see what other people would do with certain photos.