Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:19 PM   #1

I'm sorry if I've done wrong, I was going to send this privately to the member who posted the original but I have searched and searched and now I can't find them.

They posted an old photo that was in need of repair (I can't even remember the thread that it was under)and I have been having fun with PaintShop Pro and hopefully improved it a little. I will post the original followed by the the one I have updated.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone that wasn't my intention :sad:
Attached Images

uksweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:21 PM   #2

My attempt to improve the photo
Attached Images

Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:23 PM   #3

I think if memory serves, and I may be wrong, but I think this is 'geoffs' photo that was posted under a thread that was related to showing our own pictures of ourselves. I may be wrong, but I'll look also to see if I can find it myself and give you more info...

Dave...
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:24 PM   #4

I think the thread was "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"....

I just looked and that was it... I think you did a VERY good job on the restore by the way, I hope 'geoffs' is as impressed as I was.

Dave...
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:37 PM   #5

Thanks Dave for helping my poor memory :sad:also thanks for your kind comments about the restore just hope Geoff doesn't mind...Linda
Old Jul 19, 2004, 8:31 AM   #6

Yep, uksweetheart, that picture was one I posted and is of my family long ago. I was indeed surprised to see that picture pop up but I guess I shouldn't have been since once we post pictures publicly we lose some (or all) control over them. Since you had good intentions, I won't mind :-)

You did a very good job indeed of fixing that photo up. I'd tried my hand at it in the past and ended up not having the patience for it, even with the tools available in PSE2. At the time I obviously wasn't using the tools efficiently - I think I could do a better job of it now. You've very visibly mastered those tools.

I've actually come to like the original photo in need of repair. For me, the photo in that condition conveys the feeling of age and another time and place. But the fixed version is definitely more in line with the picture as it must have originally been taken. Thanks! Both will now have a place in my archives.

Now, if you can do wonders with the script written at the bottom of the picture and tell me what it says! :-) I've never been able to see it well enough to even ask experts in the Russian language about it (picture was taken in Belarus about 1915-1920).

Just one more thing. The photo was originally posted in this thread, Wildcard - Good Old Days: Ancestors.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 8:48 AM   #7

Awww thanks Geoff, that's sweet of you as I said I didn't mean to offend you.

Now as for the wording at the bottom I personally can't read it but I know a man who can..:-)But I'm afraid he's away until August 1st so I will send him an email with the bottom half of the pic attached and then when he gets home he should get it right away and hopefully be able to tell you what it says so I will get back to you on that after the 1st ..Linda
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:06 AM   #8

Linda, that is very nice of you to offer help with the writing at the bottom. If it can be read by this person you know, I will be forever grateful. When and if you do get any info about the writing, just PM me. Thanks!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote