Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Aug 13, 2004, 4:44 PM   #1

Well, here it is, by popular demand, the new, the improved, XTREME MAKEOVER forum! For those of you not following the conception and birthing of this forum, this will be where you post your photos for the sole purpose of having others "steal" it, manipulate it, and then post their results.

This format is intended as a workshop; a brain-storming session, if you will. It is only meant to share ideas with a hands-on approach to showing someone what to do with their photo, or asking someone to actually do the dirty work for you on some photos that you're really not sure what to do with - or are just curious to see how other creative-types would handle a specific photo.

POSTERS PLEASE NOTE: Your work is invited to bedownloadedin this thread. Do NOT post anything you do NOT want people taking and manipulating. They are free to do that here, with no rules and restrictions upon your work other than it remains your work and they cannot use it for personal gain or otherwise, outside ofyour specific thread.

MODIFIERSPLEASE NOTE: You are permitted, by the photographer by his/her posting, to nab the photo, alter it, post it, and then delete it from your system. You cannot use it for your own or claim any rights over it. The photo belongs to the original poster/photographer. You may get some ideas and use those to start with your own original photo but no real stealing, please, or it could get ugly and the thread will have to disappear.

I see from the header Steve has posted,that Vito and I will be moderating this. We intend for this to pretty much run itself. We will keep an eye on the legitimacy of things, but we will not be posting any specific categories or challenges. If you have a problem or a question, either of us will be happy to help you or at least direct you to someone who may be able to. Due to the potential for misunderstandings, we will be heavily patrolling the site and erring on the safe side, to keep all the members safe, secure, and cozy. :-)So if we come across as too stern at times, please forgive us and understand we are only looking after the best interests of you, the members.

That said, most of all, it is a playground for creativity.

Soooo..... bein's as how it's Friday night, let the party begin! :|
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2004, 5:52 PM   #2

a friday that just happens to have the opening ceremony to THE OLYMPICS!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cool....i'll have to find some pics to post here!

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2004, 7:49 PM   #3

Friday the 13th :ak47:
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2004, 3:02 AM   #4

*Christens the forum with its first dance*

Well, more of a drunk wiggle really.

You may want to swap the word stealers with modifiers and steal with download.

We all know what you mean and you've made it all very clear, but you know what some people can be like...
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:38 AM   #5

ferny, make sure you don't drunkenly wiggle yourself off the chair. Didn't you ever hear of "don't drink and go online?" :-)

Have you ever heard of the book, "Steal This Book?" I always wondered how many copies were actually stolen from the book stores and if the thieves could be prosecuted, if caught.

Thanks for the input. I will make some word changes - I didn't really like my original choices, either. :-)
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:18 AM   #6

I think this forum is the best place to share ideas on image enhancement and art effects as well, after all it is an area where we are encouraged to actually modify each others pictures.

I will probably spend lots of time here.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:07 PM   #7

betsy....there is a System of a Down CD called "Steal this CD" lol

sounds like the same deal as the book....

funny stuff (btw....system of a down is a hard rock band....)

Vito
Old Aug 26, 2004, 7:44 PM   #8

Ira, Glad to have you here!

Vito, I've heardOF the band, but not heard the band. I believe it is similar to the book. The covers may even be the same.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 9:49 PM   #9

it's hard rock...lol, talking about drugs and such....lol

doesn't it stink? all the really talented bands have crappy lyrics?

Vito
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:39 AM   #10

There is some big talent in wholesome music, too, Vito - you andI both (I think) like Chris Rice. I like John Elefante (very Paul McCartney-like in certain songs). I forget who did it but I love the song "Wider Sky" (If I could paint my love on the horizon To be seen by the human eye I'd need to [something something] apart andEven then... I'd need a wider sky) Wish I could remember the lyrics because they're very powerful. I have the CD but it's at home and I'm not! :-)