Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:34 AM   #31

OK no watercolour this time, just increased saturation, stretched the picture vertically and then used the distort feature to increase the feeling of depth.

Notice the foreground log now lies vertical and the bridge looks much farther away. You can really see what I mean when you look at them side by side. Note that although some of the original image is now missing, this is not a crop.

Ira
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 9:08 AM   #32

good idea monza!

that's actually the kinda of shot i was going for originally....

you have any ideas of how to do that with the shot itself? i guess a wideangle lens would be needed?

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 1:33 PM   #33

Yes, a wide angle lens, a very low shooting angle and either a very small aperture or a split field filter which will allow the forground and background to stay in focus.

As I read a few days ago, digital photo editing has allowed us to achieve the images which we wanted but were unable to achieve because of the limitations of the equipment. A view camera could have achieved the same result but the cost, the time and the effort required would be well beyond what most of us are willing to expend.

I have made a great deal of progress partially due to the inspiration provided by this forum.

Ira

Note, with the full sized digital file the foreground of my version would have had far fewer digital artifacts.

Old Aug 31, 2004, 3:44 PM   #34

not trying to be a thread thief, but thinking of artifacts. I posted this in another area of the forums last night.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...39&forum_id=88

Theres a link there for a program that filters artifacts, and some before and after self portraits I ran through the filters.
wes nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 6:15 PM   #35

Thanks wes nile, the filter for my camera was there as well, I will experiment with it for a while.

Ira