Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Sep 30, 2004, 8:20 PM   #11

What a great response....many thanks to each of you for taking your time to work on this project. The same goes for anyone else who may decide to give this a shot. The ultimate decision which to use, or how many to use, may be challenging as well. Thank you again, all of you......Bob
Old Oct 1, 2004, 9:23 PM   #12
Administrator

Bob:

Did you save this file smaller (more JPEG Compression) for posting purposes? It really has a lot of what appears to be compression artifacts that didn't come from the scan.

Here's aan attempt (downsizedversion of what I tweaked a little bit). But, you really need a better scan (or a larger file size other than what you posted for a starting point)if you want to print very large with it.

If you don't have one (or can't get one), I'll be glad to e-mail you full size image from this one (but I really don't think it's good enough for much without needing a lot of work).
Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2004, 8:55 AM   #13

was wondering if you did anything with the one I sent you RG, I thought maybe it could have used a little more contrast looking at it again:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2004, 5:46 AM   #14

OK I'll take a stab at this one. Got a Hi Res version? This one just has a lot of extra pixels. Looks like it's been sized up or something.

BTW here's a suggestion:

Shoot the photo with your digital camera RAW format. Correct the white balance in processing first. Now you can work on levels and curves.

I did this with some old slides and the result was better than the originals ever were for some of them. The WB was off a bit in some.

David
Attached Images

Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 2:19 PM   #15

hows this?
Attached Images

lLISCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:04 AM   #16

Thanks again to everyone who has helped with this.....