Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Dec 3, 2004, 2:09 PM   #11

Yes, and keepesess your preciousss in your pocketsess.
hedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 5:23 PM   #12

Here is some more of that yellow-red-blk-wht... you wont even need coffee in the morning.
Attached Images

Bjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 6:35 PM   #13

This one's a little trippy. Great shot of a great tree by the way.

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:23 PM   #14

GoCubs, I think I'll stay away from there after dark. Thanks for the warning!

bjane, love that sunny look.

Nick, I like the really high contrast and bright colors, and thanks for the compliment.

:bye:
Rochchacha chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 12:22 AM   #15

Bjane,

Lovely pic!I also think yourapproach is verysympathetic to the subject...

Canna.

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 12:34 AM   #16

GoCubs,

Love yourlush atmospheric pic, with its sense of story. I'd hang it on my walls if you'd put a good fairy under the tree instead of scary frog man.... Really fab.

I would also like to be able to do what you have done (so well), and embed something inone pic, from another pic. I've had a few bashes but not with much success. Is there any chance you could pass on a few tips. I guess it could even be a scanning thing?

abw,

Canna

Old Dec 6, 2004, 1:52 PM   #17

Canna,

Thanks, but it is Rochchacha chick's original picture I just put the little guy from Lord of the Rings in there.

As for the tutorial, I'm sure there are other easier ways of doing it, but this is what I did. Keep in mind I am using Photoshop Elements so I only have more basic tools, there are more available in the full version of PS. I did a google internet search for the LOTR guy and found him on one of the movie posters and saved that as a jpeg to my HD, then opened it in PS. From there I used the lasso tool to roughly circle him, the hit the scissors to cut him out. I then opened R chicks tree which I had also saved to my HD(now deleted) and pasted him on that pic and used the move tool to put him where I wanted him. I thenzoomedthe whole thing into something like 2-300% so you can start to see all the individual pixels and used the eraser tool in PS to erase all the parts that I cut out and didn't want to reveal the original background. Then zoomed back out to 100% so it looked normal againand flattened the image so it was all one layer again. I then went to filter>render>lighting effects and I think used the spotlight and adjusted that so it looked like I wanted. I might have made a few minor adjustments, but can't remember and I no longer have the picture saved. All that took around 10 minutes for a rather lame attempt at a joke.:-)If anyone is still reading and has a different way, feel free to add it, that's what this forum is for.

And Canna, if you have a picture that you want and a fairy you want in it, post away in a new threadand I'm sure someone will give it a go or send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

Wow, too much typing..... I think it took me longer to type than to do it.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 2:32 PM   #18

GoCubs,

Thanks a million for the info. It's quite a lot for me to take on board, but will have a go in the next few days. I will get in touch if stuck!

Many many thanks again for your help.

Canna.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:37 PM   #19

Hi, thanks Canna.i just did what i almost always do... use yellow, red, black, and white. I've got hundreds of photos on my hard drive with only these colors (yes it's sick i know). Of course I edit normally using a normal palette.

Hey, Canna...why not post a pic for us? i agree with GoCubs, it would be fun- i am pretty sure i have never even had a fairy picture let alone tried to insert one into a scene. You could give us both pics... or you supply the scene, and we'll supply the fairy(s) (source: online clip-art)

Bjane
Bjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 2:09 PM   #20

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
This one's a little trippy. Great shot of a great tree by the way.
Nick, check out the same tree here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...57&forum_id=55

I took a closer shot of the same tree and played with the colors a lot.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what this tree looks like surrounded by snow. It won't be long now.
Rochchacha chick is offline   Reply With Quote