Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:29 AM   #11

Hi BJ

The nymphs look good too...as do the lillies!

abw

Canna
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 12:11 AM   #12

My garden fairy neighbour.....any criticisms or suggestions for improvement would be welcome. Canna
Attached Images

Old Dec 20, 2004, 2:17 AM   #13

Something different ..... :-)
Attached Images

vogel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:26 AM   #14

Canna, yes this is a very good start!

I think you have got down the basics... select > copy > paste > move (and lots of clone tool).

For me it's just figuring out what I want to do first, and then using whatever toolsare the easiest to accomplish it. For the one above I used 'layers'- lots of em, and 'flattened' each layer when I was satisfied... there wassome selecting of certain areas and changingthe opacity levels. Also I adjusted the actual color in certain channels and transitions and overall. I use very little 'clone tool' in general because it's slow... and easily stands out, only for removing small things that I dont like.

All in all it took me about40 mins.to find the two imagesI used (plus I foundsome others :-), and to get them ready- I worked on the composition for 20 mins. before I posted it... so not too difficult but I could easily have spent hours (I routinely spend that kind of time for some projects). Looking at it now, I forgot to add tiny bubbles to the edge of the (Waterhouse) pond water, where it meets the rock- oh well. 90% is a piece of cake, it's the other 10% thats the pain in the uh.

I'm glad you gave it a try yourself... it looks great.

Bjane
Bjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:56 PM   #15

Hi Vogel 13,

Like the feline fairies ...

Canna.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:23 PM   #16

Hi Bjane,

Big thanks for your feedback - a lot to think about, but very welcome.

My fairy is very playdough, and yes, you're right, I almostfainted with cloning fatigue.

So far I've ignored layers. I just save & save again, using the undo button if I've misjudged something. I'm still not sure what the difference is between having 10 layers, and 10 verions of a pic you are working on saved at different stages.

Being able to select and thenchoose the level of opacity sounds good. I've only ever done this when cloning, painting or changing hue. Am not sure how you do it by itself, just having an effect on an area selected...I will have a think about it.

abw

Canna

PS Add-on to say I've done my first layer and fiddled with the opacity. Thank you!
Old Dec 28, 2004, 4:50 AM   #17

Who says fairy's are human-like... except the dictionary.. I just rendered a couple lens-flare's here and there
Attached Images

TunafishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:29 PM   #18

Heres my second go. The first one was just too plane. I added some layers to make it more realistic.

All I did was make the tree layer one, then make the rock layer two. Tha background was layer three. Only took me about 5 minutes.
Attached Images

Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:21 PM   #19

TunafishJoe wrote:
Quote:
Who says fairy's are human-like... except the dictionary..* I just rendered a couple lens-flare's here and there
I've like your take on it because it means I've seen them! I've seen--and photographed--fairies!!!!!

R.C.
Rochchacha chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 3:21 PM   #20

Ya that reminds me, have you ever heard that theory that those orbs you get in your photos are ghosts? It's crazy, people actually believe that those dust particles reflecting light back at your camera are ghosts. Here's an example...

Oh no, my girlfriends house is haunted!
Attached Images