Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:32 PM   #1

I hope someone can help me with this photo,I was so unhappy when I saw it but I know someone can help me. Thanks
Attached Images

sassyjo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 9:29 PM   #2

I tried to just burn it a little but it looks to be too overexposed and the detail is lost.
choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:55 PM   #3

I'm afraid choeschen may be right.. Too washed out. Was this film or digital? If film, they may be able to reprint it at less contrast. If this is digital, did you save the original file?

:?

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 8:59 AM   #4

Yes very difficult to fix, the first one is the original with theface painted in on photo-shop, the second I converted to black and white and tried to reduce the exposure, then I hand painted it. Im afraid not too great.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:30 AM   #5

If you have a raw format of this you may stand a small chance of getting a little detailback but not great. This image has too much detail missing and distorted by the compression
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 4:37 PM   #6

This is digital and when my DIL first started out using one. I am not sure what she did as the background looks good and the child has to much contrast I suppose it is. I will check to see if she has the original still. Thanks for your help.
sassyjo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 6:55 PM   #7

Unless you can get a RAW file of that picture, it is beyond anything any of use can do. That information is just not there. If you dont know what a RAW file is, it is like a negative, meaning all the information from the sensor in the camera is there, giving you much more information to work with. Unless whoever took this picture is really into photography, or has a higher end camera and doesnt mind the extra work, you probably wont have the RAW file. If you do however, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:55 AM   #8

sassyjo10 wrote:
Quote:
This is digital and when my DIL first started out using one. I am not sure what she did as the background looks good and the child has to much contrast I suppose it is. I will check to see if she has the original still. Thanks for your help.
Judging from the angle of the shadow off the girl, it looks like you caught the flash from another camera.

Jeff
:|
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:35 PM   #9

You might be able to make a picture out of that by using the face shot from another picture of that child. That's the only thing I could think of that would help it.
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote