Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:45 AM   #41

Gentlemen, I just found out that I really am a moderator for this forum.

It is time to zero back in on the original objective of this thread, to improve on the photo of the young lady. Things have gotten a bit out of hand and off topic here and it needs to stop. Lets be gentleman and get back to making good pictures in or out of the camera.

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 3:44 PM   #42

calr wrote:
Quote:
It is time to zero back in on the original objective of this thread, to improve on the photo of the young lady. Things have gotten a bit out of hand and off topic here and it needs to stop. Lets be gentleman and get back to making good pictures in or out of the camera.

Cal, congrats on your appointment to Mod in this forum, unfortunately, for me anyway, I find your first duty somewhat heavy handed.

In the context of the original thread, I fail to see where it has "gotten a bit out of hand", when you consider that the original objective all but faded away as of May 11th. Only for the thread to be resurrected by the original poster's daughter on June 1st and what ensued was quite simply light hearted banter. At least that is the way I see it. Perhaps the British sense of humour doesn't travel or translate very well to other parts of the world.

Notice the liberal use of Emoticons, at least in my posts and those of brick a brack, which should have quite clearly indicated to any viewer that things hadn't got out of hand at all. Just having fun.

As for zeroing back in on the original objective......While all of the edits to date have been admirable attempts, nothing better than what we have already seen is going to happen.

That is why I feel there is absolutely nothing wrong with the course the thread took. A bit of light hearted fun.

You may be able to tell that I don't like being told off, particularly when I feel no wrong has been done, but my toys are very firmly still in my pram, it's just that I know I like to have fun in these forums as well as receiving help and trying to help others.

If you find this unacceptable, then I apologise for my part and knowing that this is quite likely to happen again, then I shall not participate in the Extreme Makeover forum anymore to avoid any future indiscretions.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:00 PM   #43

My posting was in response to a PM complaining about the thread. That's how I found out I was a moderator in this forum!

The question is was it really the daughter makeing the postings or someone else.

Your comments are well taken. I belong to another forum dealing with Microsoft Train Simulator and some of the flame wars there get downright nasty before they get deleted! I have never seen anything like that here.

I think I'll just watch things and maybe sit back and have a laugh at the British humour!

Have a good day.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:46 PM   #44

With respect Cal, surely the first thing to do would be to contact the original poster, as I have now done, to confirm whether the suspected 'villain' was genuine or not.

I await her response and will let you know the outcome, if any. Then you can tell whoever had a problem with the thread to rest easy. And maybe stop interfering too.

Good evening to you,

Stevekin.

Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:56 PM   #45

Wow, sorry I have been off the computer for a while and hadn't realised all this had appeared in my absence.

Firstly, yesBrickabrack is my daughter. As she has an unusual "real" name, she had entered it into Google and up popped Steves Digicam and her picture...being a teenager, embarrassment was top of the agenda :lol: I certainly find no offence in any comments made here although I have spoken to my "brat" to request not to post on here....being a serious photographic site, one that I don't want to be banned from:-)her internet etiquette can sometimes land her in deep water :?

Thanks for notifying me.

btw The attempts given are brilliant!

I promise to improve my pictures, well I have I guess, I managed to get a picture of my dog published in a photography book in September, so I must be doing something right after all

Hope this settles the dust

Padsnbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:05 PM   #46

Cath, thank you for clearing that up and at least maybeBrick's friends will stop making fun of her, as this thread now appears destined to come to a close.

While it's not the end of the world, nobody died,nothing got brokenetc, etc, etc. I do find it pis*es me off that someone felt it necessary to complain and I hopethat memberwill now accept that no offense was intended, and none taken, by any of the participants in the making of this thread. And perhaps lighten up a little and have some fun .

Stevekin.