Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:30 AM   #11

Canna, This probably isn't quite what you were after but here's my stab at it..

Jeff
Attached Images

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:14 AM   #12

Glad you like the sky Canna...I liked the original sky better but I couldn't maintain the color for some reason. I would have also liked more definition to the sky in my version. I guess it's all in learning and I'm sure having fun at it!! :-) May I ask how you managed to hide the window from in front of the veil?

JSILADI- Your version is interesting!

StitchBabe
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:28 AM   #13

StitchBabe wrote:
Quote:
Glad you like the sky Canna...I liked the original sky better but I couldn't maintain the color for some reason. I would have also liked more definition to the sky in my version. I guess it's all in learning and I'm sure having fun at it!! :-) May I ask how you managed to hide the window from in front of the veil?

JSILADI- Your version is interesting!

StitchBabe
Thanks. I'm sure you weren't asking me but I'll answer anyway, the window is still there.. Use the clone tool to copy parts of the veil over it.. Others may vary..

Jeff
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:55 AM   #14

jsiladi wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. I'm sure you weren't asking me but I'll answer anyway, the window is still there.. Use the clone tool to copy parts of the veil over it.. Others may vary..

Jeff
Thanks for your reply Jeff....I sorta thought so...the clone tool is awesome!

StitchBabe

StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:12 AM   #15

[align=left]This is an intrguing image. Here is my attempt. I selected the figure and used diffuse glow, with glow color selected from the orange. Then used colored spot on the head area. [/align]

[align=left]Brian[/align]
Attached Images

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:08 AM   #16

Hi Jeff & Brian,

Jeff, I think the b&w works really well - the sky is also the right way up...so in your pic it looks as though the creature has landed! It''s also sharper (???) which looks good.

Brian, that's excellent, very subtle, lovely changes in light in different areasof the sari.

Outside the computer, I'm trying to paint lots of skirting before some carpeting is laid, and my deadline is galloping up on me, so I won't be able to try out some of your approaches for a while.

abw, Canna
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:51 PM   #17

Canna W wrote:
Quote:

Jeff, I think the b&w works really well - the sky is also the right way up...so in your pic it looks as though the creature has landed! It''s also sharper (???) which looks good.

Outside the computer, I'm trying to paint lots of skirting before some carpeting is laid, and my deadline is galloping up on me, so I won't be able to try out some of your approaches for a while.

abw, Canna
If the creature has landed, that would suggest that the creature was once airborne.

Good luck with the paint.. I can't stand doing that myself.. Takes me waaay to long..

Jeff
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:26 PM   #18

Wow!

Jeff - I am clapping I would love to know how you did that!!!! Is it very difficult?

Canna
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:36 AM   #19

Canna, I'm glad you like it.. It really helped having your original images to work with on this one..

Basically, both were done with photoshop 5 and then retouched with Optikverves virtual photographer plugin for color effect (I think it'll work with elements too) http://optikvervelabs.com/ ..

Your sky photo was flipped 180 degrees just like in your original post. The figure, after removing her from the room, was copied onto a seperate layer (the true beauty of photoshop). Skewed the figure a bit with a Free Transorm (It's not an add on, that's what it's called) to make it look as though laying down.. It also stretched it some. Then adjust the transparancy of the layer so the sky shows through.. Merge everything together and then hit it with the virtual photographer and pick the preset that gives the most striking (in my opinion) appearance.. Save and post for everyone to enjoy..

If you have the ability to do layers, once you learn how to use them the possibilities are endless. If you don't have layers then perhaps you can make the figure adjustments before copying to the final image (you got the 2 together somehow).. The hardest part of the whole thing was to remove the figure from the room..

Jeff
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:13 PM   #20

Sorry for the delay, I have had a flood of "extra" work, 3 websites and 2 graphics jobs. Also my DVD player broke so between working and my kids taking my laptop to watch movies on I did not get much time. any way tonight I had some spare time so I did the following. I wanted to use a new background of same/similar theme, once I started I was inspired by the lack of floor I had and this is what emerged.
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote