Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:13 PM   #21

Then this.
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:14 PM   #22

Which started life as this one but I decided the other was better.
Attached Images

Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:12 AM   #23

Hi Jeff & Creeduk,

Jeff,

100 x thank you for all that information!Very very helpful.I am going to go away & work on your recipe with layers (scarylayers!). That transparency thing isSUPERB.

The skew and distort feature is somethingI will probably do on another pic, as you have already done it so well here. (I've only ever used to to try and un-distort architecture. But it's perfect for this sort of context too....)

The colouring plug in looks very interesting! I have downloaded it. Thanks!

Creeduk,

Absolutely fantastic! ...love thecontext you've put the figure in, and the light through the material is amazingly good!!!!I presume you worked with layers as described by Jeff? It's good to see what can be done....

Thank you for taking the time to do it, and I hope you'recatching up with real life okay.

Thanks again to both of you.

Canna

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:15 AM   #24

Creeduk,

Just caught up with the next two. Like the futuristic top one very much as well. You are amazingly talented!:idea::idea::idea:

Canna

P.S. Am going to give my friend (the one in the kitchen) the ref for this topic. She doesn't know I've posted it (tho has given me permission to post another). She will faint when she sees the results!!!

PPS I mean't to say re. your boat version - I think the composition is very good too.

PPPS The work you've done on the bottom of the sari is also good. Your attention to detail is ace, and really lends credence to the pix you do.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 8:04 AM   #25

Thanks Canna your kind comments are appreciated. I try to always do the best I can I try not to post if I having nothing to add. So often there is always a tweak or 2 that can be done, the question in my mind is always when to stop..LOL

I also thank you for your comments about the civil war pic in the other area, I assume the little guys meant the pic was jumping :?
The boat yes I loved that look and feel, it was not my first choice but the others did not look right too modern or just something missing, the wood looked great and felt right. Once I had the figure outstretched in the sun on the water I thought of the scene from titanic but knew it should be on a different scale. This fit my idea so well. The future one originally I thought I had messed up the background but then I saw with some changes the light saturation would look great, then I needed something for a floor, I started to think future, glass bridge and that is what came.

This was done with a lot of layers. First I repaired the areas of the sari that would show up the old background, just adding back in the color. This was done with both clone brush and some manual painting. The main character is on 3 layers, on the future one there is an additional layer for the right side of the head for better saturation. The background is on 3 layers to get the transparency of the sari. Then the addition of the boat called for the same treatment but also a masked layer to avoid making the boat to dark or the additional use of an adjustment layer. The glass floor had the same issues but it also needed to be treated like the sari to make it transparent. Oh and finally one more copy of the person to act as reflection on glass and also as very light shadow/reflect on the boat. The only additional work if I remember was to use a light filter on the future one to really pull through the effect on the sari.

I think that covers it, I meant to add a description last night but I posted them on my way to bed:-).

p.s. Again I am so glad you enjoyed them, I love work like this and try to find a little time here and there just to do them as it is so much fun.

Old Mar 15, 2005, 1:34 AM   #26

Okay, herewith my effort - not good, but I spentsome time exploring layers - a bit like driving a wayward chariot with lots ofcrazy horses in front of it, all pulling in different directions! That transparency thing, and getting the light levels right, is really difficult. Creeduk, how you managed to do it with the sea and the boat, I do not know... I need a lot more experience.... abw, Canna.
Attached Images

Old Mar 15, 2005, 1:16 PM   #27

One final effort, this time working from an earlier, more detailed save...

I got here only because of my mistakes....and having to follow them through.

Canna.

Attached Images