Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:49 PM   #1

I took this picture last week in the under water viewing area at SeaWorld
in Orlando Fl. He is a magnificent animal at 22 feet long and over 12,000 pounds. The reflections shootng through the glass are really tough. I use Adobe Elements to edit.How can I get the red refelctions out or minimize them? Any suggestions.

Thanks for the help!

Trique Daddi

Attached Images

Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:46 AM   #2

By far theeasiest and quickest way is to simply clone the red out.Zoom in close on the offending area andsample a clean patch and clone away.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:07 AM   #3

That is great! Can you give me a few more details. Lasso tool is and thenwhere is the clone feature.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:18 AM   #4

You're welcome Trique Daddi.

The Clone Stamp Tool is in the tool baron the left of your screen. In Elements 3 it is the fourteenth tool down. It will look like a rubber stamp, like you see in banks or offices. If you press the letter S on your keyboard when in Elements this will highlight the Clone Stamp Tool.

To use it, you choose a clean area that is the same as the area you wish to repair. Zoom in close, then hold the Alt key and click once on the area that you wish to use. Then release the Alt key and place the brush or cursor over the section you wish to repair. Then click on that area and see it change to what you have chosen. Adjust the brush size to suit by pressing the square bracket keys. That is, [ to reduce the size of the brush or, ] to increase the size. It may take a little practice at first but once you are used to it, you will find yourself using it regularly.

This is a simplified explanation, there is more to this tool, but get used to using it first then ask for more help if you need to.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:48 AM   #5

I hope you don't mind but I finished off a bit more, if you look there are still some red streaks in the right corner on the rocks. also a little on the tail fin. I also changed the levels to take some of the water out so we can see the environment and the whale. As a final I reduced the saturation of red in the areas that still showed some red even after edit.
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 1:58 PM   #6

Colourblind .

Me, not you. You have made it look a lot better, particularly the whale. My edit was a combination of a quick explanation of the Clone Stamp Tool and me not being able to distinguish colours too well . I didn't actually see the red in the corner or on the tail fin.

Very good edit creeduk, Trique Daddi should like it.

Stevekin.