Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old May 5, 2005, 10:26 AM   #11

Creeduk, I think it will definitely be best if we could get another image of Jennifer posted here for all to have a go. That way we can make an attempt and pool our ideas. I don't want her to have to rely on just one option and as I have seen your editing, we can not be without your input, for that matter everyone else's either !!

Unfortunately the guys who have already had a go have had nothing to work with, but I'm sure we can sort this between us all.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:34 AM   #12

Agreed
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:38 AM   #13

Hey everyone, you rock! Thanks for trying, I so appreciate the help! Being that I have Narcoepsy and live alone, it make take me a little while to get an appropriate picture of myself foryou to work with, is that OK? I read somebody's post who said that people don't often read older posts, so when I do have the pictureready should I post it here or start a new topic under the Xtreme Makeover section? Also, since I'm in Oregon, it is of course still raining. Does that make a difference? Should I wait until it is sunny? Who knows how long that could take!

I've included another picture that my Mom took (still in Maui) that is not a full length one like my friends wanted. I thought maybe some of you could look atthe quality and let me know if I need to change my settings. I have noticed my pictures don't seem to come out very sharp. I'll send another after I post this one that is one that I took of something entirely different.

Again, you all are the best and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to help a newbie like me! It's so nice to know people care about those who are less fortunate and who are not technically inclined! One more thing, can I upload more than one photo at a time, or just one at a time? See, I really don't know what I'm doing! Duh! :?

Sorry if there are lots of errors in my posts right now, but my medication that wakes me up hasn't fully kicked in yet, so I'm still half asleep! :yawn: Narcolepsy sucks!

Mahalo (Thanks in Hawaiian language),

kinipeli

Attached Images

kinipeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:46 AM   #14

Here's another picture I took with the ancient (big and very awkward to work with but free) Sony Mavica MVC-FD81 camera my Dad gave me. I'm just wondering if my settings are correct. I don't know how to use any of the features on the camera and so I usually just guess. I'm just as bad with trying to find the right settings on audio and video equipment too! I never said I was a genius!

Thanks again to you all for putting up with me! :love:

kinipeli
Attached Images

kinipeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 1:01 PM   #15

Hello Jennifer. Itwon't bea problem when you post the pic. We'll be here. When you do, just continue in this thread. I'm sure most other members, like me, check their 'watched account' frequently and most will have the option switched on to receive an email from Steve's Forums notifying us of an addition to a post.

This last picture of yourself........I presume it is from the same holiday. It is a little better in quality and can be 'cleaned up', but there doesn't seem any point in copying you to the first background. In fact it appears the shot is from the very same spot (slightly to our right), as the first one, but closer. Are you going to post another photo for this purpose or do you want us to try something with this one ?

Regards,

Stevekin.

Old May 5, 2005, 2:59 PM   #16

Having a bit of bother getting in to my Photobucket account . Have a couple of edits done but will have to try and post them tomorrow, I have to go and watch a DVD with my wife :roll:.

Stevekin.
Old May 6, 2005, 5:07 AM   #17

Here are my first efforts Jennifer.I would ask if you can get another photo of you similar to the second image you posted here. The one with the top half of you, but taken from a much closer perspective so that you fill the frame top to bottom.That one should have a lot more detail to work with.

This first one is the second photo you posted, just brightened up a bit.

The second one is of the original photo you posted with the newer you added to it.

And finally, this is again the original photo with the newer you but with the obvious difference that you are nearer to the 'camera'.

I look forward to you posting a clearer, nearer shot of just yourself. As I said, similar to this last one but with you filling the frame.

Stevekin.
Old May 6, 2005, 7:57 AM   #18

I will see what I can do I have work today so might not be until the weekend. Steve like a bullet some nice edits, the face should be more in shadow but then you loose some detail. I guess here we are looking at clarity and not realism. If more ar posted with a full body it will make the job easier like steve said.

To me it looks like steve has this in hand, if you need any help mate or get stuck on anything give me a hola.
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 1:47 PM   #19

Creeduk, you flatter me a little more than I deserve. I am only performing edits, in this instance, that anyone with a modicum of PP experience can also perform. Yes the face ought to be in more shadow,but as you rightly said, this would result in loss of detail.

I look forward to Jennifer posting a better picture and would like tosend out, in advance, a great big Ola to yourself, VTphotog, bmullen@comcast, lucky2505and anyone else to put forward their interpretations, either with what is available now or when we have a better pic.

I don't mean this to sound like a challenge at all, but there are different skills, differentediting software and different results to be had. The more the merrier and hopefullywe can make Jennifer happy.

Stevekin.
Old May 7, 2005, 3:35 PM   #20

Jennifer, your camera should be able to take higher resolution pictures (bigger with more information) than those you have shown. It also has two different jpeg compression settings. Using the best quality settings may help address the problem you've had getting sharp images. Better quality images will fill up the floppy disk very quickly though. If you don't have the manual for the camera, you can do a google search on "MVC-FD81 manual download". I downloaded a 703k manual (not too big) in English and Spanish (not Hawaiian regrettably) from first hit "henrys.com".

Here's an attempt at combining two images. I doubled the size of the first and tried to add the upper body from the second. Blurred the background; maybe too much. Have left the image unrotated (think a slight clockwise rotation would help) in case anyone thinks something from this effort could be reused. Personally I think your image cries out for a grass skirt...

All the best.
Attached Images

normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote