Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old May 9, 2005, 12:54 AM   #21

"Personally I think your image cries out for a grass skirt..."

And I applaud you for a wonderfully creative idea, Norm.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 2:41 AM   #22

Sorry - it looked as though it hadn't loaded up. My apologies.Canna.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 3:37 AM   #23

Hi Jennifer,

I think the above versions are amazing .... anyway, having a piggy back on Normjackson's (superb) version, herewith my tuppence worth. I only changed the skirt because I thought it might help the sharpness - I would have done grass, but like hair, I imagine it's very difficult!

All best wishes, Canna.

P.S. the pic is only cropped this much because I had to keep cropping off my terrible hashes....:sad:
Attached Images

Old May 9, 2005, 7:13 AM   #24

Must confess lucky2505 I meant the suggestion as a bit of a tease really but you may well be right in that, convincingly done, could look good

Like the skirt Canna. I'd call that "restrained British elegance". Not that have anything against shaking grass skirts or bobbing coconut shells of course…Mightget a bit uncomfortable and noisy in the hail storms have been having here though :G

Had another look at the original skirt just to see what method might reduce that eye-watering blur. Seems folks were right here and that camera shake had a lot to do with it. Used Focus Magic motion blur correction to get this, I think, improvement :
Attached Images

normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 11:58 AM   #25

Hi Norm,

:Odefinitely magic!!!!!!!!

Canna
Old May 9, 2005, 3:14 PM   #26

Nice editsnormjackson and Canna. Glad to see more British input :-).
Quote:
Canna said:
P.S. the pic is only cropped this much because I had to keep cropping off my terrible hashes
Canna, one word..........................Layers .

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 3:02 PM   #27

Sorry it's been a bit since I last checked in, my computer literally died and I lost EVERYTHING! Didn't know I could back up to my CD ROM! A family member bought me an external hard drive, so now I won't want to shoot myself if my computer decides to torture me again!

Thank you all so very, very much for your help! I still haven't had the chance to get a new picture taken yet, but I'm working on it! You are all so creative and I am amazed by your talents! Could somebody really do a grass skirt on my picture like the one Canna did? I think it would be cute! Plus, it would hide my figure, a major bonus in my book!!!

I sure wish I could figure out how to do the things you all do, but I'm just not technical or artistic! Did you all learn by hands on experience and trial and error or did you take classes? What programs do you work with? For instance, what program would be used to put a skirt on me like Canna did? I am going to try and decipher my manual for my camera and try to learn how to change the settings so the pictures are better quality.

As soon as it is sunny and I can get somebody to take a picture of me in the same outfit I'll post it here. What little tan/burn/heat rash I had will be gone, so it'll be obvious that I am a trueOregonian used to only liquid sunshine!Again, I can't thank all of you enough for your help, my trip to Maui was wonderful and I so wanted the photographs to turn out, but my Mom obvioulsy doesn't know how to take pictures as she's even less technically inclined than I am!

It may take me afew more weeks before I will be able to get the picture becauseof the weather, my health, and I have to have somebody here to take the picture too! I'll do the best I can, so don't give up on me!I hope that you miracle workers will still be interested in helping me.

Bless you all for caring enough to take the time to help me, it really does mean a lot to me and I so truly appreciate your efforts! I took a beautiful picture last night of a double rainbow, if only I changed the camera's settings first to improve the quality, it would have been an excellent picture. The second rainbow is hard to see, but I'm going to post one here anyway just to share!

You all are the very, very best!!!

kinipeli

Attached Images

kinipeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 2:22 PM   #28

Nice to see you back Jennifer.

No worries, someone will always be hear to help,and yes, a grass skirt shouldn't be a problem. You wouldn't even need to provide it, (i've got my own :-)).

See you soon.

Steve.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 9:05 AM   #29

Jennifer,

I'm a bit up to my neck in stuff at the moment, so I think my efoirt at agrass skirt will have to wait a a few weeks...

Re. difficulty learning post processing stuff - I think it's incredibly difficult!People oftenthink it's aseasy as pressing the odd button & everything come together just as you want it. Not so in my experience. I have a small brain though & limited computer experience. Maybe it has been easier for other people? There is loadsto learn though :sad:... The upside is there are some smashing people around to help you over the bits.

Thank you for the rainbow!

-------------------

Stevekins,

Thank you for the layers tip - I've started using them now.

BTW, look forward very much to seeing you in that grass skirt at some stage :G.

Best wishes to both of you,

Caroline.