Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old May 10, 2005, 10:55 PM   #11

Hey, just as a suggestion.. If you can tell us with wich squadron your father flew, maybe I can try and find the right colors for the uniform and (it looks like) pin on the scarf...
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 3:04 AM   #12

creeduk wrote:
Quote:
Only comment I would make and it is a hard one to do is leave some of the freckles behind, might need to even find new ones and add them back maybe.

Guilty as charged !!

Unfortunately I got a bit carried away and it didn't help that I was struggling to tell which were freckles and which were just blemishes on the paper :?.

I have always thought that any facial features, such as freckles, wrinkles (well perhaps reduced just a little bit),should ideally remain in the final edit. It's part of the make up of the person and I don't feel it's necessary to remove them. I hope Dale and his dad are not offended by their removal.

I quote the 217th Amendment : "Those who are colour blind, shall not be held responsible for messing up any editing"

Steve.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 7:03 AM   #13

PaulPosition wrote:
Quote:
Hey, just as a suggestion.. If you can tell us with wich squadron your father flew,
maybe I can try and find the right colors for the uniform and (it looks like) pin on the
scarf...
Dad was not in the military. He had a severely damaged leg from a motorcycle
accident in the thirties and they wouldn't not except him. He worked at a landing
gear factory in Cleveland Ohio as a welder. I think that he is wearing a leather
pilot's jacket because he was a civilian pilot. As a matter of fact the otherpicture
I'm working on is him in front of his plane. (The Baby Judy) Named after my older sister.

WAIT! SHE'S NOT OLDER! She was just born before me. A long time before me.

As for his freckles, he did have a lot of them. It is hard to determine bad paper from
from freckles and he passed away in 92 so i can't go look. His hair was a dark red
and i think Brian nailed it pretty good. I looked at the original again and the spot
on the scarf is a bad spot on the paper. I cloned it out.

Even at 75, dad had me teaching him computers before he died. He would have
loved to have seen this work.

You guys and gals are doing great. Thanks a million.

His granddaughter in Philly saw this last night and emailed me with "INCREDIBLE"!"

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 7:51 PM   #14

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:

I saw you were asking about one and a 20D. I'll let ya know how I like it. Next
week. I do with my Sony F717 untill then.

dale

:?I dont think that was me, Ive got the 300D and the kit lens, a canon 28-105 and the canon 100-300 usm. Im sure you will love the new camera and lens anyway.:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote