Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old May 30, 2005, 5:11 PM   #1

I was paying more attention to the spider not noticing the reflection and the hot spots .How can you tone it down without losing detail ?

pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 5:09 AM   #2

Hi pappy.

A little bit too hot, not much detail available at all .

First attempt, just burning the hot spots. Second attempt, darkened the detail at the top of the tree (?), immediately to the right of the spider as we are looking at it. Then copied and pasted a number of times to fill the space in front of Minime.

With more care and time spent on it, it could look OK.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 6:03 AM   #3

thanks for the tips steve ill play around with your sugestions :|
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:43 AM   #4

OK I had a bit of time, this is a hard one the main focus is the spider but it is mall and low res with blur around the hair, the full on green was a bit distracting so in couple I show with an adjustment. The first on is just deemphasizing the problem area but with an increase in size of the main focus (spider) the second follows a similar style but following on from Steve's version trying to recover some texture (shows as fake though). Last is the way I would go because too much detail was lost from the original, so replace it ideally you would just photograph that background again so you can add back what is missing, but I found a branch and adjusted lighting to match, the depth of field was close so I feel it worked.
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:56 AM   #5

Creeduk, I didn't think about completely replacing the foreground, just tried to repair the damage :roll:.

Your second and my second just look so obviously cloned and seeing your third option, I agree, it's the best way to go .

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 12:17 PM   #6

hey nice 1 on number 2 .Even tho the clone is obvious the spider memains the main focus and the detail isnt lost , nice redu :|.I just liked the way he was coming around the branch with all of his eyes on me . Apreciateeveryones efforts .Next time ill pay more attention :G