Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:41 PM   #1

Im so new at this and have no idea how to fix this maybe someone can make the water clear in this picutre because the water is really muddy and dirty. I love this picture but cannot stand that nasty water!! If someone could give me step by step instructions I would love to fix more of my muddy water pics.

Thank you
mailwm
Attached Images

mailwmr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:51 PM   #2

I don't know of any way to make the water clear; however, it'squite easy to make it a more pleasing color. Here's an example although I did this quickly and it's very untidy.
Attached Images

lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:50 AM   #3

You can't really make the existing water clear. Changing the colour is one way, but I thought it best to change the sea completely by replacing it with a more pleasing one.

As the original is muddy you can't see anything of your sons arms beneath the sea level, so to avoid the painstaking reconstruction of his arms in a clear sea I have used this one.

Just extract your son, (select him by whatever method you prefer), and paste him into a new layer. Then copy a sea image that you like, from Google images for example, highlight the background and paste the new sea into it.

Hope you like it.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 8:31 AM   #4

Wow so much nicer!!! Thank you guys so much now I can try the other pictures.

mailwmr5
mailwmr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:42 PM   #5

You could also just lighten the water with levels keeping the authentic look of the water but with a less muddy feel. Another would be still use levels but add some Hue and Saturation toyellow , but masking out the boy and leaf so only the water is effected
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 7:11 AM   #6

I've just caught up with these. Very useful postings, thank you!

Creeduk, thanks for showing so clearly what your steps were. Very very helpful .

Caroline.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:09 AM   #7

ok, I totally changed it, first I went black and white then colored it but I did not get the swim suit color right

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 1:04 AM   #8

I did somthing similar to creeduck. However, instead of having to mask the whole boy, I duplicated the layer, clicked Image/Adjustments/Replace Color. Then I picked the browning water color, making sure to get all of it selected (for the most part) and I changed the color. Also make sure that the fuzziness is not very high. Now, you can add a layer mask to the duplicate layer and erase the little parts that the boy is altered. It's a five-minute job. Good luck!

Mike
Attached Images

DrDictionary1 is offline   Reply With Quote