Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:37 AM   #1

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=90

Apparently, I originally posted in the wrong topic for this sort of thing. This was taken back before I even tried taking photos of any kind of quality.

Could you please tell me what you did if you do anything. Currently I just do stuff in PS in some random order until something looks better than it did before...

Stevekin, nice job with the skin tones. Did you use a cloning tool, or some other technique?

Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:32 PM   #2

Carrots wrote:
Quote:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=90

Apparently, I originally posted in the wrong topic for this sort of thing. This was taken back before I even tried taking photos of any kind of quality.

Could you please tell me what you did if you do anything. Currently I just do stuff in PS in some random order until something looks better than it did before...

Stevekin, nice job with the skin tones. Did you use a cloning tool, or some other technique?

Carrots, sorry if I seemed a little brusque when suggesting you post here. I meant for future post processing requests andwas just letting you knowthat you would be likely to receive more help here. It wasn't meant to sound like you were being told off .

The blown highlights were selected and repairedwith the Patch Tool and any left over bits using the Healing brush. Ran through Noise Ninja, thenGaussian Blur applied to whole image, and, using a layer mask, retrieved the eyes, mouth and other detail. I couldn't be bothered to mess too much with the section above theleft eyebrow, (as we look at it), in fact the only one we can see :-), so just copied and pasted a section of hair to cover up.

Remember to utilise layers as often as you can,and when selecting areas, experiment with feather.

Glad you like it.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 10:08 PM   #3

My take. . . a darker take
Attached Images

soliz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 8:27 PM   #4

I had a bit of fun with this one.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 12:42 AM   #5

Apologies to Carrots, the model, and Edvard Munch. It popped in my head and I couldn't stop...

rmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 7:02 AM   #6

Hi,
Iv'e tried to retouch the skin, which I think you wanted, and as regards the background I've just blurred it, so it doesn't distract.
Re.skin treatment technique, I can't claim any originality ... it's taken from here

http://www.mickm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6864

Do apply subtley though, you can easily make your subject look like a plastic doll
Hope this helps ... Jack
Attached Images

Last edited by jachol; May 30, 2009 at 7:51 AM.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 10:34 AM   #7

rmuir that is absolutely brilliant.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 2:39 PM   #8

First thing I did was adjust the levels

Then I wanted to get rid of the harsh look of the pores so I copied the layer and applied the “surface blur” filter. This makes it look like a painting so I lowered the opacity of that layer letting the original show through until it looked natural.

Next I drew the tear drop on a new layer (not really happy with that yet). I drew it in grey added a highlight with the dodge tool the set the layer style to “bevel and emboss” (play with the settings) and lowered the layer opacity to 85%.

Then, in a new layer I filled it with a transparent to black radial gradient, isolating the face.

I was going to crop the image tighter but decided it was better to leave the face in the corner. Plus this way there is room to add something profound with the text tool. But I can’t think of anything profound at the moment.
Attached Images

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote