Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:45 AM   #1

Hey a friend of mine sent me a picture of her and some of her friends which was taken a few years ago. she wants to remove the girl the third from left but doesn't know how. she wants to do it naturally and so no one will be able to tell that the photo is edited but i'm not sure how to. can anyone help???

the photo is here:

yup, she wants to remove the girl with the blue shirt then take away the space so it looks like only the 3 of them were in the picture.

can anyone help??

sorry that the image is low resolution but its fine because she wants to use it for her msn display pic (:

icypeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2005, 8:58 AM   #2

AHA!! I just did this myself and posted the results in "Members family and freinds"

I'll try to do it for you but here's how you can try it yourself.

I went to Microsoft Picture It, Crop, Create a Cut out. Then comes the hard part....you trace carefully around the peson you want to remove. Then it's as simple as following the steps in your program. I find they are easy to understand.

I do suggest you save the picture and each change with a different name...that way you don't loose or ruin the original and you can practice with the others.

I'll give yours a go, but there are others on this forum that will do an amazing job.

Good luck and just keep the original under a seperate name!!

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:39 AM   #3

I just spent 20 minutes working on it but I can't do a good job mainly because of the arm around the girls shoulder. It belongs to the one in the middle and my hand isn't that steady to do it justice.:?

STEVEKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Rose
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:13 AM   #4

Hard to do on this resolution, but here you go. Keep the arm around and remove the one below. Background has no detail so better to make a blurred pattern or remove altogether. This was a quick 5/10 min version. More very careful work would leave better looking skinand the background could be swapped out properly.
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:37 PM   #5

The problem with this edit is that the arm on the shoulder of the girl on the right does not match up with the girl in the center. It is too high. It might be better to spend another fifteen minutes removing the arm. I haven't tried it. I don't think I could do it justice.

Cal Rasmussen

Hawaii Cruise Links:
Pride of America Cruise Ship
Hawaii Vacation 2005
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:13 PM   #6

It's not bad though! You have to look pretty close to realise it's off and how many people would notice?? The girls in the picture???? I think not!

Pretty good!

Rose
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:27 PM   #7

Well, if you read the book "The Da Vinci Code" you would know that someone questioned the extra hand or set of hands in the painting of "The Last Supper". So, if someone could notice that, these kids are smart enough to know that's a phantom arm and wonder who it belongs to. I don't think this will be the start of a "secret society" but don't let Dan Brown get hold of it! He'd write a novel about it and it would be good!

:lol::lol::lol: How my mind doth wander....

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:43 PM   #8

Sorry Rose, I didn't hear you :roll:

And when I got here, it looked like creeduk had it in hand.

But to appease Cal, I took that 15 extra minutes he allowed, (though It was only about 5) to do this one and lose the arm

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:12 PM   #9

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:20 PM   #10

I was gonna pass and now I think I wish I had. :roll: It was only for msn so I thought why not. Well I would have removed said arm but I thought I would keep the hug. To be really picky the last edit needs to loos the hand on the left sat on the shoulder. The removed girl was in that strange pose becasue she had her arms around all of them.

Calr if it was good enough for the great painter then it is good enough for me :?
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote