Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:35 PM   #1

Can anyone help me with this pic? I want it to have a sense of "motion" like you can get when using the panning technique. Right now it looks like the car is standing still.

Thanks

Attached Images

RadioControlGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:23 AM   #2

How's this?

ibd12c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:31 AM   #3

Or this, with some motion trails?

ibd12c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:40 PM   #4

thanks ibd12c!

I appreciate it
RadioControlGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:18 AM   #5

I took a stab at this also, with something a bit more extreme. Is this the sort of effect you are looking for?

brian
Attached Images

VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:13 PM   #6

Having raced on and offroad rc for some years I know how fast these things are. Depending on your shutter speed the below is not far from what you could expect. Really the direction of the car in combination with the way the front wheel is turned tend to hender the flow of motion so I straightened the front wheel a bit.

Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:48 PM   #7

How did you get this effect?

Wich software did you used??
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:17 PM   #8

boily i used photoshop cs2.

1 slect object by using laso.

2. toolbar (select then click inverse

3. toolbar ( filter then click motion blur. slide the barselect the angleof blur

4. done

Attached Images

scorpionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:38 PM   #9

I used Photoshop and used lasso to select and then cut the car from the image. Then used the clone brush to fill in the blank area from where the car was cut with road surface. Then pasted the car back in, which creates a new layer. Select your background layer again and use the blur filter, messing with direction until you get the correct feel. Flatten the image and you should be done.

The reason I don not just select, inverse and then blur is because it can still blur parts of the car, especially if your selection is off just a little and cause a mirror effect. The way I do it, the only thing blurred is the background. For example on the edit above, although good, using the select and inverse technique has caused a blurred car edge in all directions.

For each wheel I selected the rim and then used radial blur to add a bit more motion into it. I cloned the back rim onto the front to straighten out the tires.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 2:01 AM   #10

Widowmaker wrote:
Quote:
I used Photoshop and used lasso to select and then cut the car from the image. Then used the clone brush to fill in the blank area from where the car was cut with road surface. Then pasted the car back in, which creates a new layer. Select your background layer again and use the blur filter, messing with direction until you get the correct feel. Flatten the image and you should be done.

The reason I don not just select, inverse and then blur is because it can still blur parts of the car, especially if your selection is off just a little and cause a mirror effect. The way I do it, the only thing blurred is the background. For example on the edit above, although good, using the select and inverse technique has caused a blurred car edge in all directions.

For each wheel I selected the rim and then used radial blur to add a bit more motion into it. I cloned the back rim onto the front to straighten out the tires.

i agree of the idea of removing the subject to be able to blur and paste it back again, i did the same thing to other PP. but i like the little edge blur.... yeah of coursealways says beauty is always depend upon the beholder.

both process are usefull... keep it up and thanks for sharing the idea widowmaker.

scorpion
scorpionfish is offline   Reply With Quote