Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:23 AM   #51

Hi creeduk.

I really would like to see one of your edits 8).

I fear I may have put people off with my overzealous praise for Bob's edits :sad:.

I have to emphasise, this is not a contest, there will be no winner, I am enjoying all edits presented to date. Bob's happened to be different and I thought I looked pretty good in them. Ok, maybe in a few years time, I hope . But it doesn't take anything away from anyone elses edit at all. It's great to everyones interpretation and pretty funny too !!

This has been a fairly long thread though, with a number of edits already. So if everyone would rather it died, I understand. But I would still be happy to see further edits if anyone wishes to :-D.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:46 AM   #52

Hi Steve, I'm back. there is no way I can compete with the current posts, I know you were waiting for a post from me, I have done many reworks of you. all c**p when compared with this lot.....

So, I played around with your eyes, bare in mind I am learning from "Deke" as we speak, yes I have his DVD's.

this is what I think you will be looking like after you've seen all these brilliant posts, so it's just comical, nothing else.....:lol:

tony

Attached Images

theproff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:13 AM   #53

Woah Tony !!!

You might have resized it before you posted.

Frightened the living daylights out of me, never mind anyone else :shock:

Nice to see you 'have a go' Tony 8). Deke will look after you !!

As for comical, well, there's definitely something funny about my eyes :lol:, and I must agree.......that's just how I looked when I saw each edit in turn :G.

'............all the better to see you with'

Thanks for the edit .

Old Nov 16, 2005, 1:31 PM   #54

I kept it that size on purpose, so it would startle you, and it worked ..... lol

here's the cut down version
Attached Images

theproff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:50 AM   #55

A little bit of powder

A little bit of paint

Makes a boy's complexion

Seem what it ain't

Caroline

Attached Images

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:26 AM   #56

Where can I get some ??? :G

Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:33 AM   #57

OK Steve, yesterday I decided to toon you up, I do this at work when the request comes in for complex ridicule I move to Flash. I toon a person and then often animate a scene to convey some funny event that takes place in the office. Seems to keep moral up. So here is Vector Steve, drawn with paths and fills, usually done in Flash (by me) or occasionally illustrator. Here I did a combo, and added a nice backdrop.

But then...see next...
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:39 AM   #58

Then I decided I really should look at a real image enhancement so:
(click image for larger version)

Then once done I had been playing with color and hit a really nice look with heavy desat on reds n yellows which led me to this edit which is part, photo, sketch and paint. Threw a few of my techniques in on this one.

I really liked this one.

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 2:54 PM   #59

What do you know, you wait ages for one,then threeturn up together.

Worth the wait though creeduk !!

I've never been tooned before.......do you reckon I've got a chance with Jessica Rabbit now :-).

I feel honoured to bethe subjectof ridicule along with your colleagues. You must be very popular at work. Well, with the ones who haven't had the treatment yet :G. Hats off to your 'drawing' skills !!

The second one, taking into accountmost of the other editsto date (including your first and last ones),is the boring one !!

Let me clarify. When I posted my mugshot, it was with the naive assumption that any edits would be handled sensitively, and generally consist of colour corrections and sorting out the blown highlights :roll:. So in this case, boring = what I was after 8). ( I don't really mean it is boring, you know what I mean :?. And I sure didn't expect sensitivity from this lot )

Finally, your personal favourite. I can understand why. With the work you put into it. Photo, sketch, paint and some of your own techniques, all come together very well indeed !!

Do you actually get any work done .

Thanks a lot .

Old Nov 17, 2005, 3:31 PM   #60

Very nice Creeduck. I always really like your quality, understated stuff - but this time I think mud man won the day. :G:G:G

Mr Vector was excellent too. Interesting to see you working with progs other than photoshop.

Caroline

P.S. BTW I though Tony's idea was really good too. That big version was extremely scary.

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote