Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old May 17, 2012, 7:30 PM   #31

acctim -

There seems to be some confusion here.

The coloured baby picture picture has to do with the first posting in this thread made steveasub - see his posting dated Feb 1, 2006, 10:25 PM at page 1 of the thread.

Faststone (Faststone Image Viewer is its full name) is an image viewing and manipulation program a bit like ACDSee and Irfanview. I think it's better than either of them. It's free too, though the guy who wrote it does appreciate people sending him a donation.

Herb
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 5:18 AM   #32

Hi herb it seems I didn't read this post as I tagged onto your post. so sorry about that as I have never posted here before and this was my 1st post so please accept my apologies. after all I am the one who hogged your post and yes i got faststone real good program
acctim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 1:14 PM   #33

Default Faststone

acctim -

No problem - & welcome to Steve's Digicams.

Apropos the change of the baby picture from monochrome to colour - I tried to use PS Elements to change the colour, but couldn't. But I found I could change the colour with Faststone so long as I applied the skin coloured tint to the entire picture.

After I'd done that I used Photoshop to cut the outline of the baby from the all-pink picture, and paste it onto the new background. The first effort produced a pink image of the baby that was so degraded that it looked like coarse sand. Maybe it was because I'd saved it in BMP format. So I tried different formats & I think the one that worked was TIFF. Then I was able to save the combination as a JPEG file.

Another of the many things I like about Faststone is that it includes an "Edit with External Program" command.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:05 PM   #34

I know this thread is six years old, but I wanted to give this another shot. This was a challenge, and I'm not happy with it, but for fifteen minutes it was fun.
Attached Images

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 3:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
acctim -

No problem - & welcome to Steve's Digicams.

Apropos the change of the baby picture from monochrome to colour - I tried to use PS Elements to change the colour, but couldn't. But I found I could change the colour with Faststone so long as I applied the skin coloured tint to the entire picture.

After I'd done that I used Photoshop to cut the outline of the baby from the all-pink picture, and paste it onto the new background. The first effort produced a pink image of the baby that was so degraded that it looked like coarse sand. Maybe it was because I'd saved it in BMP format. So I tried different formats & I think the one that worked was TIFF. Then I was able to save the combination as a JPEG file.

Another of the many things I like about Faststone is that it includes an "Edit with External Program" command.
how did you use faststone to tint that baby picture mate as trying to find it in faststone
acctim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 1:36 PM   #36

I thought I'd get in on the act...!
Attached Images

SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 9:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by acctim View Post
how did you use faststone to tint that baby picture mate as trying to find it in faststone
1. When FS is set to 'windowed view' & is displaying a picture, the line at the top includes a place to click on 'colors'.

2. Click on 'colors' & then it displays a box that includes "Adjust colors". Click on that and then the picture is displayed with some boxes at the bottom that let you add & subtract Red and Green and Blue, and that let you adjust saturation and hue.