Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:39 PM   #11

True and yes this Xtreme makeover, but I stuck with sky replacement, but hey VT nice job.
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 5:36 AM   #12

After I did the deed I went back and read you didn't want the sky replaced - sorry.

I took your photo tweaked levels, brightness/contrast, added blue and cyan to the water, eliminated the yellow sign, fixed the flare and sharpened a bit. Then I took creeduk's sky, adjusted brightness/contrast and added it.

Finally, I changed the fisherman's fly to a worm, made the car a 57 chevy...:lol:

Africa
Attached Images

Africa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 5:57 PM   #13

You did all this on my edit though as that is not the original sky.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:56 AM   #14

Creeduk, if I understand your responce you think I did everything from your post. I did not, as I said I took Mugmars oringal post, did all the stuff I described then took your pic and put your sky into Mugs picture that I had manipulated.

I've tried to reproduce the steps here:

Step 1 - increase contrast, blue da water, green da grass, clone out flare & yellow sign.

Step 2 - lasso and cut sky.

Step 3 - take your picture with slight increase in contrast and, using layers, put it behind Mugs pic.

Step 4 - flatten layers and save.

Africa
Attached Images

Old Feb 14, 2006, 4:21 AM   #15

REDO
Attached Images

Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:46 AM   #16

Africa,

That is a very extreme makeoverI really like it. In the summer time the grass is really that green. but the water is never, ever that blue:lol:. The water color is usually a icky muddy color so the blue is a nice change.

The fisherman say's thanks for changing his lure to a worm. He caught a 50lb bass and made all the local record books:blah:

Thanks to all for the work and the info. It will really help us to fix some of our not so good shots

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:23 AM   #17

I only made the point as I thought maybe you had your own sky replace but had posted the wrong version. The thread was about what can be done with the sky, the longest part with that is the masking so I wanted to highlight that issue. I was not happy with the tone of the reply, but don't have any desire to 'start' anything and I know we can misunderstand people in text as it does not convey inflection, so lets just leave it at that.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:33 PM   #18

Creeduk,

My apologies. No offense intented. Fortunately I was still able to edit the post so no one else gets the wrong idea.

Africa

Mugmar - water/bass reply left me laughing.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 7:12 AM   #19

can i add a little comment on something that i noticed

when the sky is added from another picture with light in different place in the sky its hard to make rest of picture believeable, it u look under the road way and above the gates the small rectangular slots are too light and the dam is showing evidence of where the sun was, yet sky doesnt show it.

how would it look with the new sky put on overlay mode on a new layer or even screen mode so base sky could still show originalpalce for the sun???
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote