Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:22 PM   #1

I dont know what needs to be done or if its possible, but I took a picture over the weekend of a flock of snow geese setting in to land. When I viewed the pic for the first time one bird came notice to me. It looks like it is possible that it has a numbered neck collar on it. If anyone could help me in determining this it would be awesome. I tried with the low end program I have but I am truely a novice at this. Please help.
Attached Images

pluckem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:33 PM   #2

okay so now you know what bird I am talking about. Here is a higher resolution photo @ 188 KB. The original pic is at 1.43 MB I am guessing it would be much easier for you to work with it at this size. Is there anyway I could post the original pic?
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:17 AM   #3

Best thing to do would be to crop around the bird you are interested in, and post that at full resolution. Might be able to do something with it then.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:38 AM   #4

Ok thanks, here it is.......... One other thing is immature snow geese have gray patches on their neck. So that is the other possibility. To me it looks like their is a chance it is a yellow collar?
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:22 PM   #5

Man, I don't see anything. I think that this would take one of those government-issue image enhancement programs that they have on all the TV cop shows and spy-thriller movies where the lieutenant is viewing video footage and sees a guys reflection in a store window and barks out to the computer geek to "Enhance that section!" and after three or four itterations they can tell how recently the guy shaved. :roll:

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:31 PM   #6

The best I can do is with Image Analyzer, and it really isn't enough for me to be able to tell what is around the goose's neck. Here is my try, if you can get anyting out of it.

brian
Attached Images

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote