Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Xtreme Makeover

Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:43 AM   #1

Well i dont have a picture to post on here for you to edit but i do have a question. you always see photos of people with perfect skin and i've seen different ways on how to get that lookbut i havent really got one that looks like the professional pictures. so my question is how do you get that model look?
badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:04 PM   #2
spy

I know what you mean. I'm going to take a stab at it and say there are several factors.

1. Lighting effects

2. Filters

3. Careful editing

4. A little makeup, some blush and last but not least;

5. The right equipment and a working knowledge of it.

Did I miss anything?
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 8:21 PM   #3

OK this will be written fast and as purely an overview:

There are many tutorials out there about this, the vogue look etc. Soft skin is the key to that look. You need to make additional layers where blemishes are removed and then skin over softened. this layer is then blended back by lowering the opacity until you get the right level. The eyes and lips need to be sharpened as that is the area of focus especially the eyes. Often the eye whites are lightened and the eyes even increased very slightly in size (sounds crazy but true) Some images like Dior replace the texture of skin after softening this requires additional work and techniques. If any teeth are exposed then they are also whitened, every wrinkle in clothing is either removed or softened. Do a search on before and after retouches you will see what I mean.
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote