View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:29 PM   #3
StevieDgpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules71185 View Post
I mean you are one of the first sites that come up in search engines when you look for a camera. Why can't when you search for a camera, the first thing that pops up is a list of known scam sites. 10 seconds donated by everyone who finds one (easily spot able) and we can slash these scammers FAST!!!! It's a market with tons of money and we need to get rid of them! I'm not dumb enough to fall for it, but I know many people who have fell to this bait and switch and everytime I see a new google result, it's frustrating.

Because there are more of them than there are of us.

Us, being the group of people that have an interest in being fair, honest and protecting others.

Way too many people are only concerned with themselves.

Others are interesting in helping others... as long as they are helping themselves in the process.

And then there is the group that helpful, but once they got theirs the level of helpfulness disappears.

While I personally would love to get rid of the scammers, I am not about to devote my life's work to the task.

Asking others to do the work gets into some legal and ethical issues.

I don't like brand X. They do a good job from all accounts, but for reasons I am not willing to discuss, I don't like the company. Are they "legit"? Could my dislike of the company cloud by judgement?

What about brand Z? They sell grey market goods. They say so, right there on their website. Because they are on the up-and-up with regards to grey market goods does this make them "legit"? What if they only sold grey market goods?

In generalities, things could get complex real quick. But when we discuss a specific company, things can get even more sensitive.

The best advice is to openly discuss issues, such as grey market goods, so that consumers become are of the issues and can make an informed decision themselves.
StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote