View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:26 PM   #2
mtclimber

camforme-

Welcome to the Forum!

When you mention: "a lot of pics indoors.." point me toward the Sony H-20, as it have one of the best built-in flash units in the point and shoot market.

The Canon SX200is has only an average built-in flash unit. Its effective flash range is 10 to 12 feet. A lot of users have also complained about the flash unit popping up everytime the camera is powered on.

The Panasonic ZS3 takes beautiful outdoor photos. However, indoors the very samll and underpowered built-in flash unit becomes a HUGE problem. The effective flash range for that camera's built-in flash unit is only 6 to 8 feet. So that just about rules out full length photos, and group photos. Yes, there is a work around, you can purchase a powerful slave flash. But that is an additional expense of $110.00 to $150.00. In addition, you now have something else to carry around with you.

You asked for other camera recommendations: the Kodak Z-1012 was a camera that got really excellent reviews. It can no longer be found in the market place, but it is fairly easy to find at E-Bay. It has 10mp, full IS, 12X Optical Zoom, an EVF or an electronic viewfinder, ISO settings that are usable right up to and including ISO 800. The Z-1012 has an effective flash range up to 15 feet.

How am I qualified to make judgements like these. I have owned each one of these 4 cameras personally and have hands on experience with each of them.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote