View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:06 AM   #7
auntnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Aunt Nellie-

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

TCav made a suggestion on re-using the lens from your Rebel, so you might want to consider that. If you decide, as you wrote in your post, that you would rather hav a physically smaller digital camera. The Canon SX-120 and the Sony H-20 are very good choices. Both cameras have full automatic and manual controls, so stopping the action of rapidly playing child is not a problem at all, if the user just sets the camera up correctly to use a faster shutter speed.

In addition the Sony H-20 has the best built-in flash unit in the compact zoom market niche. With H-20 camera set to Auto ISO your Flash Range (the camera to subject distance) can be as much as 20 feet, allowing you to photograph groups and family events quite easily. The Sony H-20 also has HD video. In contrast, the Canon SX-120 has an effective flash range of 13 to 14 feet.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Hi

And thanks for these suggestions as well. I will look into these also.

I don't have a choice but to be really picky since I have to save for such a long time to get extra money for this type of thing.....AND I have a poor memory for some reason, so my picture ARE my memory in many cases......got to have them !!
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote