View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:48 PM   #1
Dave1690

Default Panasonic FZ35 versus Canon SX20 IS

I have recently decided to purchase one of the "super zoom" compact cameras. My wife and I do a lot of traveling and I want a camera that is reasonably compact and one that I don't have to bother with switching lenses - so therefore not a DSLR.

My choices have come down to two - the SX20 IS and the FZ35. I have read eleven reviews for these cameras - all from camera-related Internet sites. The reviewers seem to be split in their recommendations with Panasonic slightly ahead in image quality and Canon ahead in other features (e.g. lens hood attachment, articulated screen, ease of learning controls).

Then I found myself on the Steve's website and have been fascinated by the questions and answers relating to these cameras. The help provided by what appear to be some of the more seasoned contributors is wonderful. However, I was surprised that everyone favored the Panasonic - I had expected more balance given the Internet reviews I had read. This clearly makes my decision easier but it also makes me wonder if anyone likes the Canon.
Dave1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links