Good P&S with manual controls?
Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help. I ask for a little guidance on buying my first digicam, here's some criteria based on a thread posted here.
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
No more than $300
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
As compact as possible
* What optical zoom will you need?
I'd like 5x or more, but not really an issue.
* How important is "image quality" to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
* Do you care for manual controls?
Yes, I want to learn the basics of photography, so I do care a lot.
* What will you generally use the camera for?
Landscapes, portraits, macro pictures.
* Will you be making big prints of your photos?
* Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
* Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
* Are there particular brands you like or hate?
* Are there particular models you already have in mind?
Not really, due to the lack of information regarding manual controls.
* (If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)
Optical Image Stabilization, Wide Angle would be nice.
Thanks again for your time.