View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:22 PM   #7
sdromel

When doing photo work, monitor calibration can be important. If the calibration is not within range then small detail in the photo may not be seen. One of the big problems with digital graphics is when sending someone a photo, you hope that they have a calibrated monitor. Otherwise what you think is a great PIX may not be perceived as such by another viewer as they are not seeing either the detail and/or the colors which you saw & intended. Also some monitors (eg, Samsung F2X80 series - uses PVA technology) are unsuitable for photo/graphics as their contrast ratio is just too high. Example:

"SHADOWS!! I noticed a couple reviews talking about super black shadows here, but then saw many more saying how good it was for professional use in graphics. I should've listened to the 'web designer' review! The monitor is so black everything passed 70% grey just goes deep black and gets completely washed out. I work in photoshop a lot for texturing 3d modeled designs and all the textures read very flat and lose all color depth with the blacked out results. And the darkness problems happen on 100% brightness and low contrast."
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote